• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fit width or Full not working with ChordPro files?
I assumed that the Page Scaling Mode of Fit Screen or Fit Width would do just that for ChordPro files, but it is not changing anything, I have to either change the font size per song or use pinch/pull to zoom.

How can I get ChordPro songs to automatically fill the page, please? 

Thanks,
--Ian

Samsung Galaxy S7 FE
Android 13
Ian,

I'm quite surprised you are not seeing the chord pro pages fill the screen, because they absolutely do that by default. MobileSheets uses the screen dimensions in order to determine how to lay out the text and figure out where to wrap lines and such. If you load your song, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay, tap the second icon at the bottom left, tap "Zoom/Pan Settings", did you change the zoom mode for chord pro files? By default, it just changes the text/font size. If you changed it to "Change Page Size", then it would let you shrink the page smaller than the screen dimensions if you also enabled "Allow zoom out smaller than 100%". As a side note, if you have the song overlay up, that's going to shrink the page, so you can't leave that up. Tap in the center of the screen to hide it, then the page will resume using the full screen.

Mike
Thanks, Mike.

Apologies for the delayed response.

After troubleshooting and verifying your suggested settings, I'm able to confirm this happens only in Landscape mode (Two Pages, use default display mode for song), Portrait works as expected scaling the font to fit the page.

Notice the lines of the first Verse being cropped.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So in those screenshots, you have the song overlay up which shrinks down the page. If you tap to hide the song overlay, does it fix the issue with the first verse being cropped, or does that have no impact? If you hide the next up song bar at the top, does that fix the issue? I'll try to reproduce the issue based on what you've provided, but it would certainly help to know if the issue is just due to the decreased space caused by either the song overlay or the next up song bar.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-08-2023, 04:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So in those screenshots, you have the song overlay up which shrinks down the page. If you tap to hide the song overlay, does it fix the issue with the first verse being cropped, or does that have no impact? If you hide the next up song bar at the top, does that fix the issue? I'll try to reproduce the issue based on what you've provided, but it would certainly help to know if the issue is just due to the decreased space caused by either the song overlay or the next up song bar.

Thanks,
Mike

No difference for either of those.
Any chance you can send that file to mike@zubersoft.com? It will help with testing out this issue. I'm trying to reproduce the issue myself with other files and I'm not able to reproduce it at the moment. Also please let me know if you changed any of the settings under Settings->Text File Settings from the defaults.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks, Mike.

Attached a screenshot of changes in the text file settings.

Email with .crd forthcoming.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You have wrap text unchecked. That is why your text is getting cut off. You must check that option in order to prevent that.

Mike
I assumed that this being unchecked would scale the font in Landscape?  Wrapping of long lines gets messy quickly, I'll turn that on and just get used to reading it this way.

Thanks, again, for a great app.
You can bring up the text display settings and tap the "Auto-size font" button if you want it to automatically reduce the font size for you to fit the dimensions without wrapping. 

Mike
Apologies for the very delayed follow-up. 

The problem I was experiencing was due to the {footer:} being so long.

I'm having to adjust my workflow to pre-edit the files to remove any wider-than-the music ChordPro directives.

Thank you, again, for your continuous updates to this great app!
--Ian
You are very welcome - thanks for following up. If you think there are any issues in MobileSheets that need to be addressed with very long footers, let me know.

Mike