• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chord Position
It would be nice to have the ability to choose the chord position to be 'over lyrics' or 'in lyrics' in the text display settings.  

A few other requests....
Text Editor needs color formatting: manual pango editing is too annoying. Maybe add to the insert menu
Text Editor ability to remove all blank lines and leading spaces would be great.
Chorus display color would improve tab readability.  
Text to Chordpro tool would be nice. see http://ukegeeks.com/tools/
Can you not already do that? If you uncheck the "Place Chords Above Text" option, then the chords will be displayed in the lyrics. This only applies to chord pro files though. If you are asking if I can do this with text files, I'd really rather not, as it would cause significant complexity. I need to add a text to chord pro converter at some point - that will be my solution for that issue.

I will need to spend a fair amount of time improving the editor - what is there is just something rather basic that I put in place for simple changes, but I recognize that it's missing a lot of important features.

Mike
ChordPro files are easy to modify outside of MobileSheets. I often use SongPress https://github.com/lallulli/songpress/releases/ for editing on my Win10 notebook. It can convert text to ChordPro, transpose, move chords and much more.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(01-01-2024, 04:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Can you not already do that? If you uncheck the "Place Chords Above Text" option, then the chords will be displayed in the lyrics. This only applies to chord pro files though. If you are asking if I can do this with text files, I'd really rather not, as it would cause significant complexity. I need to add a text to chord pro converter at some point - that will be my solution for that issue.

I will need to spend a fair amount of time improving the editor - what is there is just something rather basic that I put in place for simple changes, but I recognize that it's missing a lot of important features.

Mike

Thanks Mike, The request was for individual songs to have that option. To change the default view is too cumbersome to change it for one song, then change it back, even if it was not buried in the settings menu. My preference is to have tabs saved to fit to my screen and as readable and simple as possible. My eyesight and mental focus make page turns, scrolling, and switching settings collapse into performance mistakes. 
Too bad that ultimate guitar does not export chordpro. I look forward to a text editor update.
If more users request this, then I can consider it. It requires database changes, creating incompatibilities between versions as well as UI changes, so I'd rather not change all that unless there seems to be a large number of users that would benefit from it.

Mike
For anyone who needs it here is my work around. This was edited in a external editor using find and replace all.

(<span foreground=#0000EE>Am</span>)  Tweeter and the monkey man were (<span foreground=#0000EE>G</span>)hard up for cash
They(<span foreground=#0000EE>F</span>) stayed up all night selling (<span foreground=#0000EE>Am</span>)cocaine and hash
To an undercover cop who had a(<span foreground=#0000EE>G</span>) sister named jan
For (<span foreground=#0000EE>F</span>)reasons unexplained she (<span foreground=#0000EE>Am</span>)loved the monkey man
(<span foreground=#0000EE>Am</span>)Tweeter was a boy scout before she went(<span foreground=#0000EE>G</span>) to vietnam
Your chords are not going to be identified as chords , as you did not put brackets around them. If that's okay by you (meaning you don't need to transpose and don't use a different font size for chords), that's perfectly fine, but I just wanted to mention it. You can still use spans like that with chords, you would just need to <span foreground=#0000EE>[Am]</span> instead of  <span foreground=#0000EE>Am</span>.

Mike