• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transposing chordpro files
Hi, It seems that some .cho files (made with Decoda, from Zplane), can't be transposed by MS. I've just attached an example

.cho   Test.cho (Size: 2.15 KB / Downloads: 5)

Any hint?
ChordGrids ( {start_of_grid} / {end_of_grid} ) are not yet supported by MSP.
I also hope it is coming soon, see e.g. Mike's last post here:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...age-3.html
Chord Grids should not be too difficult to implement and will be a great improvement.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks for responding, I thought the problem was in the format, now I see that the format is correct, but chord grids are still unsupported in MS:

https://www.chordpro.org/chordpro/directives-env_grid/

Yes, supporting this would be a great improvement!
You probably know that you can use the ChordPro reference implementation to create PDFs. Transposing works fine there, but you have to create separate PDFs for every key you want to play the song and import that into MSP - you end up with many songs in MSP without the possibility to use MSPs transpose feature
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

(01-19-2023, 02:55 AM)itsme Wrote: You probably know that you can use the ChordPro reference implementation to create PDFs. Transposing works fine there, but you have to create separate PDFs for every key you want to play the song and import that into MSP - you end up with many songs in MSP without the possibility to use MSPs transpose feature

Yes, I knew that, but I often need to transpose on the fly while gigging, and using the computer is not an option for me. 

Being able to transpose these kind of chordpro files directly in MS would be just great!
Just installed the demo of deCoda - seems to be a great tool.
By now I'm using Transcribe for similar tasks
https://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html
It's also a great piece of software but requires much more manual action.

I've used transcribe! for years, is a great tool. Decoda has interesting features, but also misses some (to me) essential functionalities: tempo and time signature changes, slash chords suppoet, manual editing for bars, copy and paste chords/sections, etc.

I contacted zplane about this, and they said to me that they plan to implement some of these features in v2.
And, whereas it's a German company, the software is only in English. No problem for me but a no-go for many of my fellow musicians.