• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Questions
I am considering purchasing MobileSheets.  It looks like a fine product, but my intended use case is slightly different from the design use case, and I wanted to ask about features.

My use case is in the context of American old-time fiddle music, and the fields I would want don't match those in the screen shot.  I would want to search/filter by:

* Tune name
* Key
* Tuning
* Time Signature
* Instrument
* Style  (e.g., if it were a piece for guitar, is it flatpicked or fingerpicked?) 
* A "lead" vs "chase" checkbox - tunes I can lead in a jam vs tunes I know I like but can't play well enough to be the lead.

I would want additional fields available for keyword searching and reference:
- Audio Snippet (ideally) 
- Link(s) to youtube samples
- Source

- Lyrics (optional)
- Rating

....and of course I would upload images of tablature/score.  These would be be much shorter than the ones I have seen in screenshots - usually 8 or 16 measures)

How much of this wish list is achievable?

(If "not much," any suggestions for where else I should turn?)
As far as the fields you want, the following are supported:

1) Tune name (referred to as the song title in MobileSheets)
2) Key
3) Time Signature
4) Style (I would recommend using the Source Type field for this)
5) Rating

As far as the other fields, you have multiple options:

1) Tuning - there is currently one renamable custom group that you could use for this, or you can use one of the other fields, as the field name doesn't actually matter for how MobileSheets stores the information. If you don't need the full functionality of the grouping and just want a field you can insert the value into, the custom or custom2 field will work for this
2) Instrument - Same as tuning, you can use the custom group field or utilize a different field. I don't support renaming other fields at the moment but I may support that in the future. I also plan on adding more custom groups that can be renamed.
3) Lead vs chase - There's lots of ways you could achieve this. You could use the difficulty, you could utilize a field like keywords, etc.

You can add audio snippet, urls, source, etc in the other fields like keywords, custom, or custom 2. 

The size of the files you import shouldn't matter.

I don't currently support actually loading YouTube URLs in MobileSheets at the moment, but that's on the TODO list as well (it's a long list).

Mike
I have some music that has tune names that don't match the song names. I ended up putting the tune names in the albums field. I renamed the custom group as 'Instrument'. I would include the style info in either the genre field or the instrument field. I would probably put tuning information in the key (or maybe instrument field as some tuning is instrument specific). You might be able to assign songs to lead or chase collections or maybe assign difficulty ratings with how comfortable you are with leading the song.

You may not be able to play a YouTube video in MobileSheets but you can place a smart button on the song with a URL link to the YouTube video. Clicking the smart button will open a new tab in the default browser and navigate to the URL. It's very slick.

Pretty much everything on your list can be done in MobileSheets. Some things might take a little creativity and/or they might need tweaking as you get familiar with the program and iron out your process.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP