• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import issue with ChordPro and PDF with same base name
Start with two files: "MySong.cho" and "MySong.pdf"
Put those files in a setlist, ChordPro first, PDF second, and Share --> Export Songs and Files
Import that setlist into another device.

When I do this:
* The imported setlist has two copies of "MySong.pdf"
* "MySong.cho" does not appear in the song library, but if I re-import the setlist or MySong.cho, MobileSheets asks me if I want to overwrite "MySong.cho"
* If I manually import MySong.cho, it then appears in the library and I can add it to the setlist.
I will look into this to see if I can reproduce the issue and determine the cause of the problem.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm finally following up on this - I can only reproduce the issue under specific circumstances. On my Android tablet, I created a setlist from MySong.cho and MySong.pdf (two different songs), and export it as a .msf file as you described. I then imported this .msf on another device that does not have a setlist with the same name, and it all extracts properly. However, I do get a conflict about needing to create a new song, as MobileSheets sees two songs with the same title, and it isn't sure if the user meant to update an existing song. It doesn't have the extracted file names at this point in the processing, so it can't check to see if the existing song(s) match the file type used in the .msf, so that's why it prompts when it matches just on the song title. However, I don't have two copies of the song using the PDF.  Also, if you want to avoid conflicts like this and plan on using multiple songs with the same title, I would suggest setting the song ID field to a unique value, and ensuring the song IDs match between devices. This will prevent conflicts as MobileSheets will first look for a matching song ID.

If the setlist already exists on the second device, and I import the .msf file, then I get prompted to update the existing setlist. If I tap OK for that, it then updates the setlist with two copies of the same song (the one with the PDF). So this is obviously incorrect behavior and I will have to address it. How does this compare to your test?

Thanks,
Mike
I've fixed the code so it will have to prompt you now even when updating a setlist. In general, I think it's much better to just uniquely name all of the song titles, but if you must use the same name, definitely consider using the song ID field to resolve conflicts between duplicate names.

Mike
That seems to match what I’ve seen, and it would explain why I see different behavior on different tablets. Hopefully adding the prompt will be enough. I agree it’s better to use unique names, and we normally do. This was an odd case.