• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS WINDOWS RANDOM ANNOTATION CORRUPTION

.pdf   ACE IN THE HOLE.pdf (Size: 443.36 KB / Downloads: 14)

Mobile Sheets, Version 3.6.9

I’m experiencing an issue within Mobile Sheets where on occasion random songs will have erratic annotation entries.  The annotation modifications to my song files are spontaneous and unpredictable.  I have been able for the most part to correct the annotation modifications by, either restarting the MS application, or rebooting my PC.  By the way, I’m using a Windows 11 based PC, HP Pavillion 360.  My main use of MS is to create guitar lead/chord sheets using a pre-made PDF with only bars and lines homemade blank sheet music.  I use the annotation feature of MS to add Text, notes, and symbols within these PDF files.  I keep them saved in the MS program, and backed up as exported PDF files to a dropbox folder.

Just recently I experienced a random corruption of a setlist consisting of 28 songs.  Ten of these songs have been corrupted with what appears to be random shuffling of the annotations used with each song file.  I also use a mp3 audio file for rehearsing these songs just prior to a gig.  Before I discovered the ten corrupted files, I changed the saved audio files to [auto-play}, and I then saved the files.  After saving these corrupted files I don’t know how to get my original annotated files restored.  I did restore one of the corrupted files by deleting the corrupted file, and re-importing the previously exported song file to a PDF format.  After I did this I was no longer able to modify and/or update that song file.

The remaining 18 annotated songs that are working correctly, may in jeopardy if I don't find to root cause if this issue.

I use the above method as my main way of creating and using leadsheets of working gigs.  These random annotation corruptions have become an enormous problem for.  I now have to recreate all of these ten lead sheets with annotations, if I want to be able to update/correct/modify them in the future.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve my experience of these out-of-the-blue annotation changes.  I have examples to share with you for your convenience in resolving my issue.

The following song within Mobile Sheets will not export to Dropbox, as a PDF file.  It did export as a MSF file.

You look so good in love

When I export the following files, it exports a corrupted PDF file for each song, not the audio file, and immediately closes the Mobile Sheets application:

Am I Blue
Amarillo By Morning
Folsom Prison Blues
Let s Fall To Pieces Together
Love Bug
The Cowboy Rides Away
Troubadour
Write This Down

I have most of the involve songs, saved as either PDFs, Corrupted PDFs, and MSFs.

Please advise how to transfer the files involved to the support team.

Thanks,
Steve Wilkes

I'm trying to add attached .msf files.  So far, no success.