• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v4.1.0 and MobileSheets Companion v1.5.0 Released
I'm happy to announce the release of MobileSheets v4.1.0 and MobileSheetsCompanion 1.5.0. This release contains great new content, refinements to the user interface and bug fixes to a number of problems reported by users. In addition to adding a performance mode toggle on the main library screen (to prevent the overlay from accidentally popping up while performing), I have also added a "Next Song" indicator option in the settings. If this is turned on, the title of the next song is presented on the last page of the current song (it can also be left on all the time), giving you time to prepare for what comes next. You can also have the indicator fade out after several seconds (anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds). It's a pretty useful feature, and it's thanks to great user feedback.

The full list of changes can be seen below. On a side note, the beta for v5.0.0 is approaching quickly, and I will need to gather a list of willing volunteers for testing, as there are some big changes. I will post on the forum when a release is ready.

MobileSheets v4.1.0
- Added 'Next Song' option that provides a configurable status bar to indicate what song is coming up next
- Added Performance Mode Toggle on the library screen (removed option from the settings)
- Fixed numerous layout issues and fixed appearance of clear buttons for text fields
- Fixed several crashes on devices running 4.3 (i.e. Nexus 7 and 10)
- The position of the library screen is now restored when the back button is pressed to return to a higher level group
- Setlists are now added to the Recent list
- Song titles now automatically resize to fit the top of the library screen and image overlay
- Added option to control behavior of 'Keep Screen On' functionality. Default is to keep the screen on only when viewing scores
- Fixed crash on several devices caused by tapping on the status log on the sync screen
- Added option to ignore 'The', 'A', and 'An' while sorting (on by default)
- Fixed rendering problems that could occur after turning hundreds of pages in one song
- The setlist and collection editors now correctly use the library text size setting for all lists
- Setlists/collections now change colors when selected in the editors
- Fixed issues with annotation stamps not correctly reflecting selected zoom value
- Increased range of zoom for stamps up to 500% and fixed preview window
- Fixed orientation lock to correctly handle reverse portrait and landscape
- Fixed some potential connection problems with companion app

MobileSheetsCompanion v1.5.0
- Articles such as 'The', 'A', and 'An', are now ignored while sorting
- Fixed connection error message about the tablet not being up-to-date even when it is
- The setlist and collection library lists are now correctly updated after batch imports
- MIDI (*.mid) files are now correctly identified and can be sent to the tablet

Mike
I'm sure it hasn't escaped your notice that a few people are experiencing problems with this latest release.

This is something that can happen to any software developer, but it seems to me that the absence of earlier app versions is a major disadvantage within the Android community. Might I suggest that you make available two or three prior versions in order to facilitate an easy rollback to what was working for them.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(10-22-2013, 09:13 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: I'm sure it hasn't escaped your notice that a few people are experiencing problems with this latest release.

This is something that can happen to any software developer, but it seems to me that the absence of earlier app versions is a major disadvantage within the Android community. Might I suggest that you make available two or three prior versions in order to facilitate an easy rollback to what was working for them.

I do not understand. Where can I download another app. I bought one as you know and now it disappeeared from my tablet.

Thnak you calling a junior member. I'm 78 years.

I lost the bought app from my tablet, by connecting MobileSheetsCompanion.
Where can I find another download
(10-22-2013, 10:57 PM)H.Lemm Wrote: I do not understand. Where can I download another app. I bought one as you know and now it disappeeared from my tablet.

Thnak you calling a junior member. I'm 78 years.

I lost the bought app from my tablet, by connecting MobileSheetsCompanion.
Where can I find another download

This is a slightly different problem to the one I was highlighting.

However, you should be able to re-download the app for free from wherever you purchased it (Google Play or whatever). If you choose to download from a source, other than the one you first purchased it, I imagine you would be asked to pay for it, since they would have no record of the original transaction.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here