• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in communication between Yamaha Genos and Mobilesheets
I bought Mobilesheets version 3.6.5 through the Microsoft shop and installed it succesfully on a Windows 10 version 22H2 laptop and filled it with a lot of sheetmusic.
I wanted to use the feature of automatic selection of registrations-sheet music visa versa with my Yamaha Genos. Sofar I did not succeed.  I already had several discussions on the PSRtutorial forum (forum dedicated to Yamaha keyboards) and I am now pretty sure that I made the correcrt settings.

My connection and settings settings are as follows:
- Yamaha USB-MIDI driver installed
- Genos HOST to PC USB connection
- Keyboard settings: MIDI "All parts"; "Transmit" and "Receive" parameters to "ON"
- Mobilesheets settings: Midi device: "Genos, PSR-SX600/700/900"; Select Midi divices: Midi In device "MIDI", Midi Out device "MIDI (0)"

This all should be o.k. and there is interconnection but it does not work properly up till now. It is difficult to describe the behaviour but this is what happens after linking two registration memories in a registration bank with 2 music sheets but I try to do for some actions:
a) when selecting a registration memory in the correct registration bank the correct music sheet pops up
b) after that selecting the other music sheet no registration memory change
c) in a different registration bank and selecting a music sheet there is a change to the correct registration bank and memory
d) after that selecting the other music sheet there is a change to the correct registration memory
e) after that selecting the other music sheet no registration memory change
f) switching to a different registration bank and back to the correct registration bank no change to a music sheet

I am afraid that it is difficult to understand but it looks like sending and receiving of midisignals is o.k. but also that the result of it depends on the the existing position of the registration bank and music sheet display.

As a final try I wanted to reinstall Mobilesheets but unfortunate I cannot find the the setup programm. I probably did not save.
I hope that someone can help me.
Bert
Mike,

I can confirm that there seems to be an issue here. I don’t normally use registration files in the way that Bert does, but I configured one as Bert describes to try it out and have experienced the same behaviour.

In my words ...
Consider two songs in Mobilesheets. Link each to a different button in the same registration file on Genos. Song 1 to button 1, song 2 to button 2 to make it easy ..
Load the registration file on genos and press button 1. Song one will load in MS.
Then load song 2 in MS. Button 2 does not light up on genos...

Rudy
Yes, I have seen the issue as well while testing. There is a flaw in the logic right now. In the code that sends the MIDI messages to the keyboard, it checks to see if the last file that was received matches the file that MobileSheets is going to send. If so, MobileSheets does not send the MIDI messages because it doesn't want to command what was already set. However, it also doesn't send the button message then, so the button isn't correctly set. I'm going to need to improve this logic to still prevent redundant messages, but process messages when the file is the same but the button is not. So I think the only thing I need to do is track the last button message I received, and compare that to the button message I'm going to send. If those are a match, and the file is a match, then I do nothing, but otherwise I still send the button message. I will test this out to see if it works as I expect. If so, I'll include it with the next round of updates.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike, for paying attention to the problem. I hope a new update will solve this. Please keep me updated on the release of the update.
Also thanks to Rudy for his support.
Bert
Just to follow up - this will be fixed with the next update which is version 3.7.2. I've tested the changes and now don't have any issues switching between buttons with the same file/registration.

Mike
Thank you Mike!
When will this update be available and how can I get this?
Bert
After Mike submits the update to Microsoft, Microsoft needs to approve it, which takes about 1 to 2 days.
When approved the update will automatically be detected by the Microsoft Store app on your pc, and the update will automatically be installed.

You will know the update is installed when you see a screen with the change log appearing in Mobilesheets.

Rudy
Thanks Rudy, I will check in a couple of days and inform here about the result.
Bert
I am submitting the update to Microsoft today (along with all of the Android versions). The iPadOS update was approved this morning, so the fix is already included with that update. I had to get the iPadOS version done first as there were some major bugs in the last update that needed to be addressed ASAP.

Mike
I got the update version 3.7.2. Problem solved.
Thanks Mike And Rudy!
Bert
I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know.

Mike
Hi Mike, sorry to trouble you again.
 The first time I started the new release everything was fine. Today I started the program again but now I only have one way connection: if I choose a music sheet the correct registration memory is choosen but when I choose a registration memory no change of music sheet. I cannot figure out what happened. Apart from diconnecting Genos and PC for adding about 5000 pdf’s and connecting again nothing changed.
What can be the cause?
Bert
Bert,

I will try to see if I can reproduce any issues. I'm not sure why it would suddenly not be working for you.

Is anyone else seeing any issues with 3.7.2 in regards to this?

Thanks,
Mike
(03-07-2023, 06:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bert,

I will try to see if I can reproduce any issues. I'm not sure why it would suddenly not be working for you.

Is anyone else seeing any issues with 3.7.2 in regards to this?

Thanks,
Mike

Not sure what issues you are referring to Mike ??

Rudy
Bert had posted that the latest update wasn't working properly but then deleted his post. I guess he got it working.

Mike