• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Pencil lag when zoomed in
Love the app, glad to see it’s on iPad now. So far everything has been great except when I’m annotating my score with an Apple Pencil and zoom in, the input is really slow and the drawing lags. It works as expected when zoomed out but only when I zoom in it slows down. I usually zoom in to annotate because it makes my handwriting better, and this has been a hinderance so far. Help is appreciated, thanks
I have responded to Daniel through email, but I need more information to understand the cause of the slowdown as the app seems pretty responsive while zoomed in with a simple use case scenario. However, depending on the types and number of annotations, and other options that have been changed, there could certainly be a slowdown while rendering if those elements are rendering over and over, so I need to understand how to reproduce the issue. 

Thanks,
Mike
I just tried this with my non apple pencil and don't have this issue.

This is the pen I use.

Amazon.com: iPad Pencil Same as Apple Pencil 2nd Generation with Magnetic Wireless Charging, iPencil Stylus Compatible with iPad Pro 11in1/2/3/4, iPad Pro12.9in3/4/5/6, iPad Air4/5, iPad Mini 6 : Electronics
The issue seemed to be that Daniel was using low power mode. Having said that, there is still room for me to implement additional optimizations so that the drawing is smooth even with low power mode enabled. 

Mike