• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File storage question
I am a brand new MobileSheets user. I've read through the manual and imported a few files to get started. Before I get in too far, I'm trying to understand the file storage and library system a little better. 

Though I am more familiar with the android file system, I'm have an ipad I already use for church with onsong and planning center music stand. 

As I understand it, on ipad os, it is required for MS to manage the files and copy all of them to it's own directory on the ipad. I have placed my pdfs in my google drive and imported from there. 

Since MS is managing the files and requires the files to be on the ipad, does this mean the files will still be present in MS if I delete them in google drive? 

I'm a little worried about space. The pdfs are small but if I add mp3s... Is there a way to link those from another location, say drive? I have an android phone with a large sd card that can hold plenty of mp3s - is there any way to utilize the two together so that the mp3s do not have to be stored on the ipad but still accessed with the libraries synced? (I could potentially press play on the android phone) 

Thanks for a great program.
Yes, the files will still be present in MobileSheets if you delete them in Google Drive. MobileSheets does not maintain any references to things in the cloud. Unfortunatley, you cannot link audio files to Google Drive, and you can't have the audio files sent over from another device on demand. MobileSheets is designed to work without any network connectivity, so everything has to be stored on the device.

Mike

1. Thank you for such a quick reply. I will likely had more questions, but it's good for now!