• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Page slider disappears after making annotations
Hello Mike,

First: half page turn slider is a highly appreciated feature, excellently implemented. Makes my life easier again. :-)
Just two points:
1) on my W10 tablet I observe the following bug (reproducable): after making annotations in a sheet (eg. text marker) the half page slider disappears completely. I still can drag the slider but it is not visible any more.
Only exiting and restarting Mobilesheets brings the slider back. Can you see this too?

2) I would like to have the slider in a more  prominent colour, eg. a darker blue (or an option to change the colour globally?). Sometimes I do not really see if I have already turned the half page or not.

Thanks,
Michael

Edit: the missing slider is not an issue on my Android device and not (!) on my W10 Desktop... There is something different on the tablet (any setting I should check?).
Chuwi Hi 13 (Win10) with MSP (Main device)
Android tablet wit MSP (backup)
Xiaomi Mi9 with MSP
Desktop PC (Win10) with MSP
Zittel,

Can you please go to Settings->About on that device and see if you are running version 3.7.1? What you are describing is an issue that could occur in version 3.7.0, so I just want to make sure.

I will work on adding a color selection for the half page slider.

Mike
Hello Mike,
yes, I am running on 3.7.1.
I just tested again, unfortunately still the same issue....

Thanks for the future color option for the slider.
Michael
Xiaomi Mi9 with MSP
I have the same problem on the latest version (3.7.4) running on my Surface Pro running Windows 11 with all available updates.
After an annotation is made the Half Page slider is not visible. If I the rotate my tablet to landscape and back to portrait, the half page slider works again.
I'm glad I found this workaround to get it working again, but during a rehearsal where a lot of annotation are made, it's annoying.
Hopefully a solution will be found soon.
Please provide some more information. First, if you annotate and exit the annotation edit, the slider would not normally be shown because a half page should not be displayed while annotating. You would then have to turn a page to see the half page slider. Are you saying that you don't see the slider even after turning a page? You can't enter the annotation editor while viewing a half page because it will just turn the page for you to prevent two different pages from being shown while annotating. Are you using a full sized page, or have you heavily cropped your pages to the point where two pages are shown at once? I'm not able to reproduce this problem at the moment, so I need the steps and settings to reproduce it.

You can also send me mobilesheets.db, your .xml files and the directory with the PDF for a particular song to mike@zubersoft.com which will allow me to test with the same settings and song. The files are under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

It's indeed that after an annotation has been made I return to a full page. When I then go forward to the next half page (either by pressing the pedal or on screen), the half page slider is not visible.
When I the rotate the screen and back (which again brings me to a whole page) then after going to the next half page the slider shows again.
It's independent of the song, it happens on all.
I am working on a Microsoft Surface Pro 7.

I'll send you my backup file, wich include the settings I use.
I have reset my settings to default an now this problem is gone...
So probably there was something wrong with the settings file.
Hello,
it's ecactly the same here as described by kempsmj. Thanks for the workaround with rotating the device.
I do not want to go back to default setting, sorry. Any idea which setting has been the bad one?
Xiaomi Mi9 with MSP
Before I reset to default, I tried several settings, butbnone solved the problem. 
After reset to default I customuzed the settings again to what I had before and it's working fine now.
So it definitely sounds like there is a setting that is responsible for the undesired behavior. I should hopefully be able to find the issue then.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,
this is now solved with the latest update, thanks a lot!
Zittel
Xiaomi Mi9 with MSP
You are very welcome - thanks for confirming that the issue is fixed.

Mike
With me the problem reoccurred after the latest update (3.7.5), sot it looks like it's still not solved completely....
I reintroduced the problem in a different way on accident while addressing the single page display issue in the annotations editor - it's fixed now and I'm submitting an update tonight.

Mike