• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi Batch Commands won't Add in a particular way or can be edited.
Found a little bug, You might remember I am working on setting midi up to change profiles and settings on my kemper. Which Requires Batch MIDI commands. This is coming along. Long Story on the delay, nothing to do with MobileSheets though. Basically needed to reorganize my performances and stuff on my kemper and documen them all to each song and make sure I had correct song sheets etc. Well now I am putting the final touches and loading all the MIDI commands on 78 songs. So sit here at the computer every night try to get 10-20. Then I go test them etc. 

Anyway was going to write this bug up last night then it went away, but what I really did is as I was trying to do screenshots seen the little pencil icon on creation and everything worked so though must have been a glitch or something when I first started cause I updated everything to new version. 

This is in the companion only or at least I think so I was able to do it in Mobile sheets directly no issues.  But I do not want to set up all this Midi through there. 

So step to reproduce. Go edit a song in the companion. 

Midi Tab and Add New

Change it to Batch Command, if you use the little Pencil Icon and add your batched commands and then ok out of everything this will work fine.

But Say your loading a bunch late at night and are braindead and hit ok. Well it will create the Midi batch command but it will be empty. No That's not the bug. I would expect that. 
[Image: rnZWMxP.jpg]

So now you open the batch command, if you are editing ones that already exist or if you created an empty one and need to add the sub commands. 

You get the Dialog Below. It is either empty or in this case it is one I created using the pencil Icon above that works. However I entered in the wrong number for program and just want to change it. Either way.
[Image: idny39w.jpg]
Click Ok here and you can click ok all the way out of the song and see it update the song on Mobilesheets by the display. 

However, if you go back in and edit the song. Go to Midi. You will see the batch command there but if you edited it. It will be either Empty or the Edit you made will not be there it will have reverted to the prior setting. If you disconnect mobile companion and check Mobilesheets it didn't update there either. You can edit the Midi in Mobilesheets and the connect again you will see the update that you made in Mobilesheets. You just can not seem to edit it through the Companion.

I am not stuck, just bug fix for a later date I can Delete the Midi Batch Command and then Recreate it Using the Pencil icon on creation as explained above. Just little more time consuming. 

Also, side note, on the Main Overall Song List, if you customize the columns and add Midi Number. Even though I have Midi Information this just shows blank. It would be Kind of nice if this would show you a little info about your Midi setup for a song. Even if it just told you Control Change or Program Change or Batch Command etc. Or Maybe just a column with a checkbox that this song has midi information. Again not critical but should would be nice to know at a glance if I have everything set up especially before I get on stage. Again i got a work around for this. I just Created a Collection, Test Midi, for songs I need to test the functionality on. Then Midi Set for those that do. Of course I have to manually add and remove these and sometimes I forget.

Thanks again for all you do.