• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Cloud Syncing?
Hello! I've been using MSP on my chromebook for a few years, and am not mostly using it on the iPad. A great perk of the iPad version is that I can run it on macOS as well, which is typically easier to work with for creating lots of new songs.

My issue is that I then have to remember to sync to a cloud from my computer. And I also have to remember to sync from the iPad while I still have internet, because once I'm at a gig I might not have internet to sync. It's bit me a few times so far.

I'd love it if every time I opened the app (if not at regular intervals while the app's open) it either synced automatically, or prompted to sync. I realize this wouldn't actually solve the problem of "I didn't sync and now I don't have internet," but it would certainly make it less likely that I go too long without syncing. If not a sync or prompt, perhaps do a background check of the cloud folder, and prompt if it looks like there are changes.

I realize syncing is complicated for a ton of reasons, but the current functionality works great. I just forget to actually do it, because basically everything else in my life and on my devices is cloud-based and syncs automatically Smile

Sorry if this has been requested before, but I couldn't find anything in the forum. (It's mentioned here that automatically syncing isn't possible yet.)

Thanks for the wonderful app!
Even MSP does not Support this at the Moment, there are a few apps for syncing folders to a cloud service. Even with automation. Could this be an option for you just syncing your msp files folder to the cloud? And Do the same on your other device from the coud.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
My plan is to add automatic synchronization a little later this year. My plan is for this feature to be separate from the current sync feature. The current sync feature is really meant for merging libraries, as it handles scenarios with bands where users may want to only sync part of their library, or keep their own annotations. When I add the automatic synchronization, it's going to work more like a file sync application - it's going to force all devices to be the same based on whatever changes were made last. There is going to be no configuration or options to choose what is merged - the entire library will always be synchronized. My plan is to only make this a cloud-based sync as well. I think I made decide to change some of the wording for the sync library options that currently exist - perhaps I'll change it to "Merge Library" or something along those lines.

Mike
(03-04-2023, 05:29 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: My plan is to only make this a cloud-based sync as well. I think I made decide to change some of the wording for the sync library options that currently exist - perhaps I'll change it to "Merge Library" or something along those lines.

Sounds great, Mike. Thanks!

@McAroni, I attempted that in the past, but the way iOS/iPadOS does files, I'd be shocked if it'd even be remotely possible. It's (one of) the weakest (and more irritating) aspects of iPads imo.