• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard crash on ARM device loading setlist
Just started getting a weird and persistent crash when loading a particular setlist on my (Arm64) Surface Pro 9. The new crash (100% repeatable) seemed to start right after an annotation-related crash while copying a section from another page in the same song, so dunno if it's database corruption or what. Backing up and restoring to a fresh DB seems to fix the problem in the fresh copy of the DB (and as far as I can tell, all my state and annotations are intact), but the crash still reproduces fine on the original default DB, if anyone wants logs or anything before I blow it away.

For the broken one:
The crash only occurs with the default settings that load all songs from the setlist when you open one; loading the songs individually outside the setlist seems to be OK. When loading a song from the setlist, one CPU is pegged for a few seconds, the MobileSheets process memory explodes past 2GB, then the process dies. I'm guessing it's running up against the allocation limits of a 32-bit ARM process, but loading the same setlist from the "fixed" copy of the DB only uses a couple hundred megs and has been working fine with this same setlist and songs for several months. I started having the problem today on 3.6.9 during a show (first time I've had to fall back to paper in 4+ years with MobileSheets!); it also still fails the same way under 3.7.2.

Not a fiery-hot issue since restoring to a fresh DB seems to have me working again, but would definitely like to know what's up, and also if there's anything I can do to help get MobileSheets' Windows on ARM performance on-par with Windows on Intel and Android- always seems to be a bit pokier and more unstable there. I've got Windows ARM dev environments laying around- happy to pitch in with some profiling, test builds, whatever. I've been selling people on cheap Windows ARM hardware + MobileSheets in every group I'm in, so thanks for making it a going concern!
Hello,

If you want to send the relevant files to mike@zubersoft.com so I can test with them, I can certainly try to look into this to see what was responsible for the behavior you were seeing. I can test in an ARM emulator, but I don't actually have an ARM Windows-based tablet to test on, so that may have an impact on my ability to reproduce the issue. In that case, I'd have to work with you to test out builds with logging in place to track what is going on.

Thanks,
Mike