• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio problems
Hi, 

first of all - sorry for my English - I'm not a native speaker. 
After 4 years of using this awesome program, I ran into some issues, I'd like to solve. Primary with audio. 

1. How big is the capacity for audio song? I read FAQ, where is mentioned, that creaters recommend using MP3 to other formats, but not the whole capacity. I'd like to know that, because I have some problems with playing the audio. Maybe this could be the reason... 
2. In aproximately 10% of situations happens this - I press "Play" to start song, but 1 second of the song skips. It is very problematic, because everybody notice this. Is there any way to fix this? I had idea to have in "Preferences" option to add 2 second before every song file. Is that possible? 
3. Sometimes this "skip" happens also during the song. Which is also very unconfortable. Is there any fix upahead? 
4. Could be in "Preferences" option to NOT allow stop already playing song, after tapping on another? For example I know the chords and want to find next song. I'm browsing list of song and accidentally tap on some of them. My already playing song stops and I look like an .... Big Grin 

Thank you for your answers and for your awesome program. 

P.S: Bonus answer Big Grin : Is more stabile windows or Android or iOS version of the program? And which version has bigger capacity for audio? I'm thinking about buying new tablet, so I'd like to choose wisely.
1. There is no limit to file size if that is what you are asking. Having a much larger file could cause that file to take longer to load, but I doubt it would be significant.
2. Try opening the metronome, tap the settings icon and enable the option to prevent delays while starting the metronome. That setting also impacts audio playback, so it could help prevent stutters.
3. About the only thing I would suggest trying is to go into the audio player settings and uncheck "Use advanced audio player". You can see if the default OS audio engine works better for you.
4. There is a track list setting to use tracks from all songs in the entire setlist. You would also need to uncheck the option to change tracks with the current song. You can then change songs in the setlist and it won't change the audio track. There is no setting to allow audio to keep playing while you load another song though. I'm not going to support that as it opens up too many problems. Other users have asked for an option to require a confirmation before loading a song. I am considering adding that when time allows.

The Android version has been around longer and is more battle tested, so I would say that is overall more stable. The iPad version seems very stable overall though. I'm not sure when you say "capacity for audio", what you really mean, but the two should be about the same when it comes to audio playback. I don't have enough experience with Apple's audio engine to know whether it performs better than the OS audio engine on Android.

Mike
(03-19-2023, 05:35 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1. There is no limit to file size if that is what you are asking. Having a much larger file could cause that file to take longer to load, but I doubt it would be significant.
2. Try opening the metronome, tap the settings icon and enable the option to prevent delays while starting the metronome. That setting also impacts audio playback, so it could help prevent stutters.
3. About the only thing I would suggest trying is to go into the audio player settings and uncheck "Use advanced audio player". You can see if the default OS audio engine works better for you.
4. There is a track list setting to use tracks from all songs in the entire setlist. You would also need to uncheck the option to change tracks with the current song. You can then change songs in the setlist and it won't change the audio track. There is no setting to allow audio to keep playing while you load another song though. I'm not going to support that as it opens up too many problems. Other users have asked for an option to require a confirmation before loading a song. I am considering adding that when time allows.

The Android version has been around longer and is more battle tested, so I would say that is overall more stable. The iPad version seems very stable overall though. I'm not sure when you say "capacity for audio", what you really mean, but the two should be about the same when it comes to audio playback. I don't have enough experience with Apple's audio engine to know whether it performs better than the OS audio engine on Android.

Mike

Hi, 

thank you for your answers! Next week I try your advices. 
I just want to add one explanation - when I write about capacity, I ment overall capacity of the program. How many  GB of audio program handles. For example I have more than 700 songs in the program and almost 400 audio files. So my aswer was about this - Is safe for stability to continue add more audio files?
When I make backup, it has more than 15 GB. 

Thank you
A large audio may take time to load on Windows - I know that when I was trying to use the built in component in Delphi D7, it always took a long time to process a large file. I had to feed chunks of the file to the component. I believe that this was because windows was processing the whole file to determine it's running time.

Now this was old technology and MediaPlayer (or whatever it is now called) has been updated but I suggest you create a test file of your expected duration and see how it behaves.
Just remembered: my file was simple video/audio - you might not have such an issue with a .mp3 file (having said that, they would both be played by the same component)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
There isn't much of an impact when it comes to the number of audio files you add in MobileSheets - some users have libraries with 50000+ songs, and it just takes a little longer for the app to start up. It's more about the storage capacity of your device. Also, as you pointed out, if you have a lot of very large files, library backups will be larger and take longer to create.

Mike
(03-19-2023, 05:35 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1. There is no limit to file size if that is what you are asking. Having a much larger file could cause that file to take longer to load, but I doubt it would be significant.

Mike

Thank you for all your aswers. 
Today, I will have oportunity to test point 2 (others wont work). 
But I have other question to OS: is it possible to make library backup on windows and load it to Android version (if I want to change tablet AND OS.) 
Thank you
Yes, you can certainly restore a Windows backup file on Android.

Mike
(03-25-2023, 06:07 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, you can certainly restore a Windows backup file on Android.

Mike

Awesome! thank you. 

Yesterday night I tried your advices but it didn't help Sad Unfortunately it was worse. It made some skips even in the middle of the songs Sad (this happens also in the past, but not so often. It was once a month. But yesterday it was many times).
I'm not sure, if the problem is in program, tablet or bluetooth reciever Sad But it was really unpleasant...
Sorry for bothering you, but I tried many forums with this skip problems and I'm little bit desperate.
Please answer the following:

1) What type of device are you using?
2) Are you using a removable SD card to store the audio files?
3) What types of audio files are you using? (i.e. mp3, flac, wav, etc)
4) Are you utilizing any features like automatic scrolling or the metronome while the audio is playing?

Thanks,
Mike
(03-26-2023, 03:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please answer the following:

4) Are you utilizing any features like automatic scrolling or the metronome while the audio is playing?

Thanks,
Mike

1) My tablet is Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10. My BT recievers are: Harman Kardon BTA-10 External Bluetooth Adapter or MEE Audio Connect HUB (But both has same problems as it seems). I go from tablet to one of that devices via bluetooth and than via cable to mix. 
2) When I import songs to program, I have them on SD card. But program writes here: C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
3) I use mainly mp3 and wav
4) No, nothing like that. I try to have everything on one side, or flip pages manually. When I use metronome, I don't play audio. 

And one more thing - I played this night and there was just one skip. It is from time to time, but it is not pleasant, when it happens. And this Friday it was really bad. 

Thank you. 

Jan C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\Local C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\Lo C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
About the only other thing I can suggest is moving you over to the FastSpring version of MobileSheets which has better performance. We can see if that has any impact on the issue.

Mike
(03-27-2023, 05:11 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: About the only other thing I can suggest is moving you over to the FastSpring version of MobileSheets which has better performance. We can see if that has any impact on the issue.

Mike

To be honest, I'm not sure, what that is or how to get it. 
Could you tell me bit more please? 

Thank you
I'll send you an email with details.

Mike
(03-27-2023, 01:58 AM)Reithal Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 03:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please answer the following:

Thanks,
Mike

1) My tablet is Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10. My BT recievers are: Harman Kardon BTA-10 External Bluetooth Adapter or MEE Audio Connect HUB (But both has same problems as it seems). I go from tablet to one of that devices via bluetooth and than via cable to mix. 
2) When I import songs to program, I have them on SD card. But program writes here: C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
3) I use mainly mp3 and wav
4) No, nothing like that. I try to have everything on one side, or flip pages manually. When I use metronome, I don't play audio. 

And one more thing - I played this night and there was just one skip. It is from time to time, but it is not pleasant, when it happens. And this Friday it was really bad. 

Thank you. 

Jan C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\Local C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\Lo C:\Users\janba\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState

- Try to backup MS and restore to Android device.
- if that does not help enable Android "developer settings" and experiment with Bluetooth settings in networking section.
You didn't answer Mike's question about whether the audio files are on an SD card - some SD cards are flakey

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6