• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Piece is loaded on startup
On my Surface Pro 7, when I start Mobilesheets, it opens the last used piece.
I want it to start in the library.
I have reset my settings to default (because I though I maybe did make the setting myself), but it is still opening the last used piece.
Is there a way to turn this off? Or is it a bug (as it does not open the last piece on my pc or on my Android tablet)?
Additional info: 
I thought it was the last piece which was opened, but now it seems it is always opening the same piece... (It was the last one I played this morning, but now after opening other files an then clossing mobile sheets, after starting mobile sheets it opens the same file again...
I solved it by deleting the sessionstate.xml file from the %localappdata%\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobilesSheets.ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState folder.
The sessionstate file should only be used if MobileSheets was suspended and then resumed. That's very strange that it was using the file every time for you. I'm glad you thought to delete the file.

Mike
Hi, I have the same issue. When I start the program the first time after I powerup my surface I get the list of libraries. If I then close/exit the application and launch it again it opens a score. It seems to always open the same score. Sound like something is not being cleared when exitting the application. i am using Windows 11.

I removed the _sessionstate file and after that no score is loaded. The file timestamp was from a few weeks ago (last time I use the program). Hope that after deleting the file the problem is gone.

EDIT: I did some further checkings and seem to have found what is happening. Sometimes I want to shutdown my tablet quickly and just hold down the power off key, which then shows a windows screen which allows me to wipe down the screen to shutdown the tablet. After doing this, I start the tablet again and when I start MobileSheets, nothing changed. Just get the library to display. However, when I exit the application now and start it again, it loads the score which was open when I first shutdown the tablet. It is odd that this load only happens the second time. Not sure about the use case of the _sessionState file, but perhaps it should be automatically removed when the application is "clean started" again? I think I have also noticed this behaviour when sometimes the app automatically closes and restarts as an update from the windows store was applied. Don't really like that this happens....wish I could turn off that. For the record, I do want automatic updates but don't want them to be applied while I am running the app.
This is a difficult problem because it's not always possible to know when the app has a "clean start" or not. If the app is suspended and resumed (which can happen with UWP applications), this ensures that it doesn't completely lose the last known state. If users prefer, I can just remove this functionality altogether, and they can rely on the "Always Load the Last Viewed Page" if they really want that behavior. I think I may do this as I agree that it provides limited value and is more likely to cause issues or confusion.

Mike
What actually is surprising that the first start of the application, does not seem to load the "sessionstate" while the second (or later) start does. Maybe that another Windows specific behaviour.