• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets on MacOS?
Hi, I bought Mobilesheets for iPad, but when I search the app store on my MacBook for it, I'm supposed to pay for it again.
Will it even run on MacOS? 

Cheers, Carl
The iPad version will run on a Mac with an M1 or M2 processor. It will not run on older Macs. I still plan on adding support for older Macs - I just haven't had time to make the necessary changes.

Mike
(03-08-2023, 06:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The iPad version will run on a Mac with an M1 or M2 processor. It will not run on older Macs. I still plan on adding support for older Macs - I just haven't had time to make the necessary changes.

Mike

OK, thanks, I have a M2 MacBook Pro. But why am I charged a second time, although it's the same account as on the iPad?

Carl
You definitely should not be charged a second time if you are logging into the Apple store with the same account on both devices. Can you verify that you are logged in with the same account?

Mike
(03-09-2023, 04:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You definitely should not be charged a second time if you are logging into the Apple store with the same account on both devices. Can you verify that you are logged in with the same account?

Mike

Definitely, I only have that one account ?‍♂️. When I check the App Store for my purchases on the MacBook, everything is listed but Mobilesheets. On the iPad it shows. Could this be an issue with TestFlight as I was in the beta-testing?
I wouldn't think so, otherwise it would have been a problem for the iPad as well. This is really strange - I'm afraid I don't really have any insight as to why Apple would be trying to charge you again. I believe I've heard from other users that have run the app on both their Mac and iPad, but it would be great to have confirmation from any users on the forum about this. It may be worth contacting Apple about this as well.

Mike
I talked to 3 people on Apple support for 45 minutes, they say it looks like there are separate versions for iOS and MacOS and I should talk to you again.
Weird story Undecided
When I finally decided to buy the app a second time, App Store told me that the update was for free, as I already own it!
Much ado about nothing :-D
Well I'm glad to hear that. The Apple support people were clueless I guess... There definitely are not separate versions, and even when I do release a Mac-specific version, it will be bundled with the iPad version, so it won't be a separate application. I'm glad you got it all resolved in the end.

Mike
(03-10-2023, 06:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The Apple support people were clueless I guess...

absolutely Big Grin