• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPad device connection using WiFi - song opening takes two attempts
To get an iPad connected to a leader device to open a song from a setlist takes two attempts.  The leader must open the song, then go back to the setlist and re-open the song.  Only after the second time does the song get loaded on iPad devices.  This occurs virtually all the time.  An Android device connecting to the same leader does not have this problem.  Once open, page turning is reliable and otherwise the new iPad version works brilliantly.

The leader is using Windows 10.  Everyone is connecting to the leader using "Wifi" direct connection via the Internet, using the public IP address of the leader's device.  Everyone is using fibre broadband.  I've been using this approach for years and it's been very reliable with Android devices connecting to a Windows 10 leader.  Alongside MobileSheets we're using Jamulus for synchronised audio and Zoom for video.

We sync setlists by exporting songs/files and updating the database of each installation of mobilesheets manually by importing the .msf file.
I'm not able to reproduce any problems with my latest changes. I'll have you check out the next update once it's approved to see if you still encounter problems. If I open a setlist on my PC, it opens immediately on the iPad Pro when both are connected to the same WiFi network and the PC is the leader.

Mike
[quote pid="41350" dateline="1677136494"]
Thanks - I'll check again when both ends have been updated.
[/quote]