• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Position within "songs" is not consistent upon leaving cropping and editing
I'm doing an initial cleanup/cropping of a few scanned music books into MSheets... some 400+ sheets in total at this point. This is a pretty repetitious process to check/fix page pointers for multi-page sheets (that didn't import from .csv as I expected), and to crop sheets where multiple songs shared a page in the book. I should note that I'm doing this on a Windows device running latest version of MSheets.

When I exit "crop" or "edit", where I end up in the "songs" screen is seemingly random and certainly unexpected.

For example, cropping "There Is A Tavern In The Town" (T). On exit of cropping back to songs list, the "current" pointer is now set the "G" (rather than the expected "T"). Pressing "Page Down", jumps to "A", again unexpected. I now have to re-hunt for the song I was working on to continue. I've found that I can click on the "A", which brings up a alphabet list, then click on the "T" there to at least get back to the beginning letter I was working on.

Another example: editing "This Land Is Your Land" (T), on exit of edit, "current" pointer is now "R". Pressing "Page Down", jumps to "A".

Cropping behaves a bit differently, but still unexpected. While cropping "This Train", on exit I'm at the top of the T's with "This Train" off the bottom of the screen (since the "T" list won't fit on a single screen). "Page Down" jumps to how-knows-where, so isn't of much use at this point. In this situation, the best I've discovered is to right-click (select) on any song, then right-click again to un-select. Now the "current" pointer is on that song and I can use the down-arrow to scroll down to "This Train" and continue editing where I left off.

Given the repetitious nature of this process over hundreds of files, with the "current" pointer frequently getting lost, I find I often lose track of where I was and end up re-examining numerous already-cleaned up sheets before I find the first one I haven't worked on yet. Kind of frustrating after a while.
I have found the issue and it will be fixed for version 3.7.7. For some reason, the way in which I was setting the keyboard focus when returning to the library screen caused the UWP framework to just randomly scroll the list to a different position and also messed up the keyboard focus when you then pressed page down (it was reset to the top). Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

Mike
(04-09-2023, 04:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have found the issue and it will be fixed for version 3.7.7. For some reason, the way in which I was setting the keyboard focus when returning to the library screen caused the UWP framework to just randomly scroll the list to a different position and also messed up the keyboard focus when you then pressed page down (it was reset to the top). Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

Mike

Sounds good! Thank you.

BTW, I do really like MSheets so far. Thank you.