• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup Settings
Can I backup all of my settings? I can backup my song library and restore it when necessary but have to change all of my Mobilesheets settings individually. It would be great to be able to save and import all of my favorite settings when necessary.
If you create a Backup of your libraray there should be a checkbox: 'include mobilesheets settings".
If you restore the backup all your settings should be restored too.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I always have that checkbox checked so that's what I thought was supposed to happen. Recently I have opened Mobilesheets and it is like I just installed it. It asked if I want the full manual, then opens, with default settings and no songs (my library has ~1600 songs). I import my most recent backup but the settings remain default. Any ideas?
Without knowing more details, I think the best thing for you to do is to uninstall MobileSheets, reinstall it, then go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup, select your .msb file, and that should restore all of your settings (so long as the .msb file has the settings saved in it).

Mike
This is happening a lot lately. I open MobileSheets and it is like I just installed it. It asks me if I want one of the manuals and all my songs and settings are gone. I load a backed up library that was backed up with settings saved and the songs only load and I have to redo ALL settings.

I have enclosed two jpg files. One shows the library with the settings in place as I saved them. The other shows the library as I reload it (no settings were reloaded).

Attached Files
.pdf   MobileSheets restore screen.pdf (Size: 69.08 KB / Downloads: 5)
.pdf   MobileSheets saved settings screen.pdf (Size: 204.98 KB / Downloads: 5)
I'll run some tests to see if I can reproduce what you are describing. It sounds to me almost like the configuration files on your device are corrupted/unreadable and MobileSheets is having to revert to the default settings. 

Mike
I was reading in another section that my settings and song files should be located in:  C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Zubersoft.MobileSheets_9fx6hze9e3cne\LocalState. Mine are located in: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState. Would this matter?

Also, could backing up the contents of this folder and restoring it when the info has been deleted temporarily correct the problem?
That just depends on whether you installed the FastSpring version versus the Microsoft Store version. You are using the Microsoft Store version based on that file path. 

As far as your question, you only need to backup the .xml files, but yes, restoring those files and restarting MobileSheets should correct the problem.

Mike
I tested backing up settings, clearing the library and resetting the settings and then restoring the backup file. The settings were correctly restored. So I don't have an easy way to reproduce the problem you are referring to.

Mike
Can I run MobileSheets Pro from Sandboxie?
Is there a way to tell if the backup file actually saved the settings?
I'm not sure - I've never looked into that. As long as that isn't interfering with the LocalState folder, I don't see why that would be an issue.

Mike
Not easily - the settings files are just packaged in the backup file at the start, so with a text or hex editor you could actually see the contents of the text files. 

Mike
I am just trying figure out why my songs and settings are being deleted repeatedly every few days resulting in my MobileSheets Pro looking like it was a new installation. And why (despite backing up repeatedly including the settings) the restorations never include the settings. Something or someone is causing this and I need to figure out how it is being done and how to prevent it. Any ideas?
Share your backup file with mike@zubersoft.com and send a link to the file. I can take a look at the backup file and see if I can locate any issues. If the issue is not with the backup file, then we need to determine what on your machine is causing the settings files to be altered or deleted. It would help to have a copy of all the files when things are set up the way you want, and then when the next problem occurs, we can identify if the files were somehow deleted.

Mike