• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely slow syncing
First off, I have Windows MSheets pretty much running right and it has previously synced successfully to GDrive. Previous syncs have taken maybe 15-20 minutes for 100 or so songs. I just did a pretty major addition of about 850 songs.

I've been having issues trying to get this synced to GDrive. Twice it has CTD after 1 to 2-1/2 hours -- no visible error messages. Third time it seemed to be hung with no updates for 30minutes and I canceled it.

The current (fourth) attempt is now 3-1/2 hours into the sync, hasn't crashed yet... fingers crossed. But per the output, it's taking about 5-10 minutes PER SONG... it is at 1% and still in the A's, so it's never actually going to finish. There's obviously something wrong.

Antivirus is disabled, so it's not that. Network is NOT clogged. "Update folder" and "Always use data from device". "Search for new files" and "Sync text" NOT checked. Lots of "comparing" but very little "updating" or "adding"

Any suggestions? Should I just kill this attempt, totally blow away everything on Gdrive, and just try this from scratch?

Joe
(04-11-2023, 10:14 AM)jeckardt Wrote: First off, I have Windows MSheets pretty much running right and it has previously synced successfully to GDrive. Previous syncs have taken maybe 15-20 minutes for 100 or so songs. I just did a pretty major addition of about 850 songs.

I've been having issues trying to get this synced to GDrive. Twice it has CTD after 1 to 2-1/2 hours -- no visible error messages. Third time it seemed to be hung with no updates for 30minutes and I canceled it.

The current (fourth) attempt is now 3-1/2 hours into the sync, hasn't crashed yet... fingers crossed. But per the output, it's taking about 5-10 minutes PER SONG... it is at 1% and still in the A's, so it's never actually going to finish. There's obviously something wrong.

Antivirus is disabled, so it's not that. Network is NOT clogged. "Update folder" and "Always use data from device". "Search for new files" and "Sync text" NOT checked. Lots of "comparing" but very little "updating" or "adding"

Any suggestions? Should I just kill this attempt, totally blow away everything on Gdrive, and just try this from scratch?

Joe

Okay, so after 5 hours I gave up and kill the sync, blew away everything on GDrive, and started over. Now it seems to be working fine.

Joe
Very strange... it sounds like there was some kind of connection issue between your ISP and Google Drive's servers. I'm not sure I have any other explanation.

Mike