• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets has made me a happier musician
I just want to say how much more happiness and satisfaction I have in my life these days using MobileSheets :-) iGigBook worked for a while. But I lived with lots of inadequacies that MS has alleviated. The biggest of which are probably:

1) the ability to backup/restore without jumping through hoops or cabling to a computer

2) the ability to do all my configuration and management on my MacBook, and save the iPad for practice and performance

3) the ability to "swap" files. I do a lot of custom charts and scores and am constantly improving them, and MS makes that painless and reliable

4) the ability to view group memberships. What setlists is this song in? What collections? If I'm replacing an indexed song with a custom one, I can't use "swap". In that case, though, I need to make sure the new chart gets assigned to all the collections (and upcoming set lists) as the existing one.  The Edit feature lets me see that in one place, and I can at least stare-and-compare to make sure the new matches the old before I "untag" the old. Then I know my replacement song will be used everywhere the old one was. 

5) the ability to see group memberships in library views. This is a huge help where there are multiple versions of the same song with the same name. The feature makes it easy to preview which version of a song I'm using where, which makes quicker work of which version to select for the next gig. 

Tons of other little visual and productivity features, too. I may update this list as they come to mind.

My thanks to Mike.
Thank you - I really appreciate it! I'll continue doing everything I can to improve the app based on all of the great feedback I have received.

Mike
Given all the time I have invested into my hunt for good software here, I shared a review on the topic at TidBITS, where I spend a lot of time and for whom I have written articles. I like for the community benefit from my work, so that hopefully other people don't have to waste as much time decision making as I did. Kudos to MobileSheets!

https://talk.tidbits.com/t/choosing-a-sh...ipad/21920
Thank you for sharing that review! Although you had shared a lot of those details with me over email, it was great to see it all summarized with your thoughts and experiences. I'm thrilled to know MobileSheets is providing value for you and I've appreciated your help in tracking down all of the issues you've reported. I still have a lot of work to do to get the macOS version running the way I want though. All in good time!

Mike
Yea, and I'm here to help!