• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicates and No Alphabet
I have Setlists for Book 1, Book 2, etc.  I also have a Setlist (All Songs) for all the songs in all five books.  Two problems:

1. The All Songs Setlist does not have the alphabet running down the right side.
2. Many songs are listed in All Songs two or three times.

I deleted all the books and added the large list of songs, and they were still duplicated, with no alphabet.

Any suggestions?
Your description says you are using set lists for each book - you should be using collections (A collection only allows one copy of a song). The alphabet appears when a collections is sorted alphabetically.

You can easily convert a set list to a collection - Long press the setlist name until an arrow appears against it. Then tap the three vertical dots at top right corner and select "Create Collection from Songs".

If you really need an "All Songs" collection, long press one of the setlists (or collections) and tap the remaining set lists (collections). Perform a Create Collection operation

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Forgot to say:-

Setlists are for playing songs in a specific order.
This is why one might have duplicates e.g. play same song at start and end.

You don't have to sort collections alphabetically - but then you won't get an alphabet down the side.

Songs can be in more than one collection  (e.g. in Book1 and in "All Songs")

You might prefer to use the Albums field for the name of the book - you can then filter on the name of the Album rather than using a collection name

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
As Geoff has said, if you tap the Sort: Manual at the top of the screen while viewing a setlist, you can change the sort order to "A-Z" which will give you the alphabet list on the side. His advice is great - if you only want one instance of a song in the group, then consider using a collection/Album/etc instead of a Setlist.

Mike
(04-19-2023, 05:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: As Geoff has said, if you tap the Sort: Manual at the top of the screen while viewing a setlist, you can change the sort order to "A-Z" which will give you the alphabet list on the side. His advice is great - if you only want one instance of a song in the group, then consider using a collection/Album/etc instead of a Setlist.

Mike

Thanks!  I just followed your directions, and it worked perfectly.