• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom 2 field still needs help
Hi, I'm on an ipad.

I was about to start this thread the regarding Custom 2 field, and decided to check for updates first. Lo and behold, an update, 3.7.8 that addresses Custom 2! Yay. However, the field still does not show in the Song Settings. I see the following (from Signatures):
Signatures
Extra Info (that's my named field)
Keywords
Custom
Difficulty
Tempos
Duration

No Custom 2 field at all.

However, it shows in Companion, and as indicated on the updated ipad version, it used to pre-populate whatever was in Custom. I assume that's now working (I didn't test).

But I did enter some text in a Custom 2 field in Companion. And on the ipad, when hitting the down triangle in the circle to select additional filters, Custom2 is there. I did a search by entering the same text into the Custom2 field that I had entered in Companion, and it found the song. But there's no way to utilize that field directly on the ipad.

Thanks
You need to specify that you want this extra field to be displayed on the edit page.

Edit a song and tap "Configure Fields" on the top line.

I suspect that the above is what you want but, you could also specify that this field is shown on the library screen

In the full manual, the "Configuring Tabs" section says
"Both the number of tabs shown and their order can be configured in MobileSheets on the settings screen. To access the tab order dialog, load the Settings through the action bar overflow menu then tap on the “Tab Selection and Order” item under “Library Settings”."

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
The custom2 field is not one you can add a tab for (as it's just a text field in a song and not a grouping of songs like artist, album, genre, etc). However Geoff is absolutely right that you should be able to use the Configure Fields option to choose what fields are displayed in the song editor, including custom2. It's not shown by default.

Mike
For what it's worth, you can utilize the custom field to be shown in the custom title (the configurable second line of the song title within the listings).
Thank you! I had not noticed the Configure Fields inside the song editor. I had looked in the settings over & over! 

Yes, it was simple to turn on Custom 2!