• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch command unresponsive after a while
I have recently upgraded to a 2-in-1 laptop (Lenovo Yoga 7i with Intel Arc graphics and Intel i7 cpu). Upon testing it out with Mobilesheets, I quickly noticed that the touch command becomes unresponsive after leaving the page on without sending any commands for about 10 seconds. I have to tap/swipe it a few times before it finally “kicks in” and does something. As soon as the initial panic is over, then the touch becomes very quick and responsive again. This is highly impractical in real life application when you are performing on stage. The page is supposed to be on and the app MUST respond with the initial tap/swipe. Is there a hidden sleep function of the touch control in Windows 11 that I am not aware of? The performance mode doesn’t seem to help, as the touch command still goes to sleep after a few seconds.

My older tablet was a Surface Pro 7 and it never had this particular problem. It did have other issues of lagging with the tap/swipe for page turning at seemingly random points, in that it will be unresponsive for 2-3 seconds, then freaks out and turn 2-3 pages at once.
What power mode do you currently have set up on the device? Does the same problem occur if you set the device to use the best performance battery mode?

Mike
(05-15-2023, 09:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: What power mode do you currently have set up on the device? Does the same problem occur if you set the device to use the best performance battery mode?

Mike

I had it on "balanced" mode before. I just tried it with the "best performance" mode with airplane mode on to further minimize any download/uploads that will take resource from the computer. Same issue. I know my laptop is powerful enough to handle this app, so I don't think it's a hardware issue...
Send an email to mike@zubersoft.com. I'll work with you to transfer you to the FastSpring version and we can see if that resolves the issues you are seeing. 

Thanks,
Mike
(05-15-2023, 09:23 AM)AquaExecution Wrote: I have recently upgraded to a 2-in-1 laptop (Lenovo Yoga 7i with Intel Arc graphics and Intel i7 cpu). Upon testing it out with Mobilesheets, I quickly noticed that the touch command becomes unresponsive after leaving the page on without sending any commands for about 10 seconds. I have to tap/swipe it a few times before it finally “kicks in” and does something. As soon as the initial panic is over, then the touch becomes very quick and responsive again. This is highly impractical in real life application when you are performing on stage. The page is supposed to be on and the app MUST respond with the initial tap/swipe. Is there a hidden sleep function of the touch control in Windows 11 that I am not aware of? The performance mode doesn’t seem to help, as the touch command still goes to sleep after a few seconds.

My older tablet was a Surface Pro 7 and it never had this particular problem. It did have other issues of lagging with the tap/swipe for page turning at seemingly random points, in that it will be unresponsive for 2-3 seconds, then freaks out and turn 2-3 pages at once.

Hi, what is the solution for this problem ?  I have exactly the same issue on a Lenovo yoga 7 AMD).  After some minutes (not seconds)  the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. Only after ticking several times (up to 10x) the screen becomes responsive back.  This is really not ok using mobilesheets while using.   All kind of actions (reistall drivers, reinstall windows, changing performance mode.. ) did not help.  Any suggestion ?
We can try switching you over to the FastSpring version to see if that helps. I'm currently testing out switching the rendering code over to the same graphics engine that the Android version uses, so if this works, it may improve performance. The next thing I'll have to do is switch the entire app over to another framework, either WinUI3 or Avalonia, which will let it run like a regular desktop application which may also prevent some of these strange problems.

Mike