(Enthusiastic User)

0 [Details]

About me

Sex:   Male
Bio:   I've been a professional musician all my life, performing around the world in settings ranging from symphony orchestras to jazz, rock, and blues groups. I studied with a number of great artist/teachers, including Ray Brown, Charlie Haden, Milt Hinton, Richard Davis, Ron Carter and Walter Booker.

I'm a bassist, composer, music director and conductor, and have taught music at several universities. I also play 'cello, tuba, guitar, and chromatic harmonica.

I've appeared on national network television, including specials on CBS with The Captain And Tennille and on ABC with Perry Como and Cheryl Ladd. In 1974 I appeared on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson with the great jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli.

In the studios, I've done motion picture work, such as Brooke Shields first movie "Pretty Baby" for Universal, and numerous radio and television spots. I also done studio recording sessions for artists and producers such as Allen Toussaint, Ray Benson and Dr. John.

I've appeared at venues such as the U.S. White House (for President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter), New York's Carnegie Hall, The Royal Albert Hall, London, The Monterey Jazz Festival, The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, The Montreux Jazz Festival, The 1990 World Exposition in Osaka, Japan and Holland America’s Salute to Jazz Cruises, to mention but a few.

Over the years, I've worked with and been featured with such artists as: Snookum Russell, Louis Jordan, Earl "Fatha" Hines, Lee Konitz, Eddie Harris, Mel Torme, Stephan Grapelli, Carmen McRae, Joe Williams, Bob Wilbur, The Dukes of Dixieland, Al Hirt, Pete Fountain, Danny Barker, Buddy DeFranco, The Glenn Miller Orchestra, The Woody Herman Orchestra, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Paul Simon, Chuck Berry, Professor Longhair, Gatemouth Brown, James Booker, Mike Bloomfield, Roy Buchanan, Dan Hicks, Lucinda Williams, Guy Forsyth, Patti Page, Perry Como, Al Martino, Steve Allen, The Ink Spots, The Four Aces, and New Orleans famed Olympia Brass Band (tuba)

I hold a Bachelor Of Music in Doublebass from the University of Missouri, Columbia, Master Of Music in Jazz Studies from Webster University, St. Louis, and am a Doctor Of Musical Arts candidate in Jazz Studies at the University of Texas, Austin where I was Instructor of Jazz Bass and Adjunct Professor of. American Music History.

I have also given Jazz and bass clinics in the US, Europe and Japan. I recently retired as Instructor of String Music at Lincoln University.

Forum info
Total Posts: 18 (0.01 posts per day | 0.05 percent of total posts)
(Find All Posts)
Total Threads: 9 (0.01 threads per day | 0.13 percent of total threads)
(Find All Threads)
Time Spent Online: 8 Hours, 10 Minutes, 5 Seconds
Members Referred: 0

My signature
“After all the investigation, all of the technique - doesn't matter! Only if the feeling is right.” ― John Coltrane

Theme © 2014 iAndrew