• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prompt when leaving changed Edit Screen
Hi Mike

Any chance of having a prompt when leaving the edit screen when changes have been made but not explicitly saved or cancelled by the user?
Obviously no need to prompt if cancel pressed or no changes made on the edit page.

The current implementation is annoying when one has made several changes and forgotten to press Save (not so bad if only one alteration but one might not notice that it hasn't been changed)

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I already do that though if you just hit the back button on Android, for example. If you tap the "Cancel" button, then it will just cancel the changes. I feel like I'm missing something...

Mike
Typing a digit into Years (for example) does prompt you if you use the back button.

However, I'm using edit in a looser sense i.e. any change to any field.
Today I pressed X to delete "Needs Work" (my choice of words) located in the Sources field; I wasn't prompted when I hit back.
I've no idea if this applies to any other fields

Testing further, I see you are checking as an input field is being modified. This means that you also get a prompt if one edits a field and then restores it's original value; I would have checked all the values against their input values when the dialog was about to close (if a user has pressed Save then the values should all match - or you can avoid prompting, whichever is easier). Checking at the end means that the user doesn't get a prompt if all changes had been backed out.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6