• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution for MobileSheetsPro suddenly returning to the library screen
(09-15-2024, 07:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 08:25 AM)BluesBoy Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 08:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you using the device with the keyboard attached or detached? Is WiFi enabled or disabled? What about bluetooth? If you turn those things off and test with the keyboard detached, does the problem still occur?

Mike

Keyboard is detached, bluetooth and wifi are both on. I can try with wifi off but without bluetooth I have no way to turn pages (bluetooth page turn pedal). I can try leaving it on with both turned off when not practicing and see if it's on the recents page after a while.

If you want to share a library backup file (.msb) with mike@zubersoft.com, I'll be happy to test it on my Chromebook to see if I can reproduce the issue, although it will be difficult if it seems to be unpredictable. I'll need to have some way of reproducing the issue.

Mike

Well, I left it on when I went out for dinner tonight and it was on the recents pages when I returned. Wifi and bluetooth were off and, as usual, there was no keyboard attached. I'll get that file to you probably tomorrow.
(09-14-2024, 11:16 PM)RAc Wrote:
(09-14-2024, 05:16 AM)BluesBoy Wrote:
(09-07-2024, 07:19 AM)RAc Wrote: you mean an SD card? That may be your problem. SD cards made for consumer use are known to have severe quality problems which may manifest in infinite and unpredictable ways. Been there, done that. You may want to switch to industrial grade SD cards,

Thanks for your suggestion. I won't rule it out of hand but it is a decent SD card (Samsung EVO plus), has been fine for the two years that the Chromebook has been in use, and isn't used for storing MobileSheets data or any apps.

A brand name or type is no gurantee for or against anything, it may be conterfeit or mooned:  On MicroSD Problems « bunnie's blog (bunniestudios.com) . Again, I have seen examples of SD cards that looked like (and cost the same as) highly reputed ones but were trash. I do not even want to estimate how many work hours went into trying to debug seeming file system software issues that were in reality storage bugs.

At the very least you should try running a checker over the drive. May save you a lot of head scratching.

Thanks again. I appreciate the concern but I understand the issue of (mostly) Chinese SD card forgeries. I'm pretty fastidious about these sorts of things and this card along with any others that I have bought in the past have all been checked at purchase time.
Hello,

I am also having the same issue. 
  • Chromebook Asus with the latest Chrome OS version.
  • Bleutooth is enabled --> Pageturner BleuTurn
  • Wifi is enabled --> Have tried without wifi but had the same problem
  • No SD Card in the system
  • I do use it to send midi patch changes to GigPerformer on a Windows OS PC. USB is connected to a midi port. It is really difficult to test without because Mobilesheets does al the patch selecting.

If i don't touch it for a while, it sometimes stays in setlist mode, but sometime i come back from a pause and it is out of setlist mode. It's really strange since i can't find anything which could do it. So i came to the forum with the hope i could find a solution here or at least a few other options to explore. I was thinking that maybe a midi signal comming from the PC was a problem, but it shouldn't happen since i have nothing programmed to send anything out. But how knows... 

It is really random, sometimes it goes for for more than a hour of rehearsel and then it drops out of the setlist, or sometime after a few minutes.

I really hope someone can point me to a solution. I have a really big musical performance comming up and really on Mobilesheets for all patch changes.
I'm going to do all I can to investigate this, but I need to have a way of reproducing it, as it's never happened to me during testing. So I'm at a loss to explain what is happening. It seems to be mostly happening to ChromeOS users, which makes me think it must be related to ChromeOS, but I have had one or two users mention it happening on standard Android tablets, so I'm not 100% confident about that.

Mike
Hi Mike,
FWIW I've had it happen a few times - Boox TabX here.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba