• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E Ink version: design decision
(09-25-2024, 05:14 PM)daniel Wrote: So, if you click on a score to show it and go back, the status bar remains visible? It is not the case with my Max Lumi and the problem only shows within mobilesheets. I am on firmware 3.5 which is the newest available at the moment for Max Lumi. Maybe this is different on Max Lumi 2 or Tab X.
Yes.  However, a point to note, I have turned off fullscreen mode - I like having the status bar at the top all the time so I can always keep track of the time and the state of charge of my battery.  It's so small it doesn't take up enough screen real estate to worry about.

My firmware seems to be labelled as 3.5.4
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
UPDATE to the above, I have now experienced the same problem daniel was referring to.  I went into the display settings to see if I could replicate his problem by turning on full screen  mode and experimenting with hiding the navigation bar.  I was able to then replicate daniels problem.

I ended up having to exit MS altogether and restarting it to restore functionality.  

What I noticed though, while the problem persisted, was that the text didn't go to white on white, but some very pale colour on white.  Still impossible to actually see, but it was there, if just barely.
I'll investigate this to see what I can do.

Thanks,
Mike
This took a bit to track down, but it only occurs on devices below Android 11. I had to override the status bar color on e-ink devices, but when you load a song, then return to the library screen, it resets some of the flags used by the Android framework, and I was not correctly including a flag to ensure the status bar stays black text on a white background. So this is fixed with 3.9.3.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Two things:
1) My TabX is Android 11, not below Android 11, and more troubling
2) I keep getting prompted to update to 3.9.3 (from 3.9.1), which I've now done 3 times, and each time it seems to finish correctly, but the update doesn't happen.  I've even rebooted the tablet (for the first time in months) and still no-go.  As I usually don't have WiFi on unless I need it for some reason it's not interfering with operation, BUT it needs to be resolved.
I seem to recall something similar happening several months ago but I don't remember what the resolution was.

Thanks for all your hard work mate.
You can just download the installer from the same location as when you purchased and manually run the installer (email me if you need the link again). I'm not sure why the automatic updating is not working for you though. Let me know if you still see issues with 3.9.3. I did not see a problem with the status bar on my BOOX Tab X.

Mike
Hi Mike,
curiouser and curiouser.  Just before I saw this post I tried again, and it worked...  I dunno mate - I was in the IT industry for several decades before I retired, and my mere presence often seemed to scare computers into working properly, now they just thumb their noses at me  Huh Big Grin ...

One day I'll have to tell the story of "Technician Syndrome".
Hi again,
I can confirm the fix worked on my Android 11 TabX too.
(09-30-2024, 08:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So this is fixed with 3.9.3.

Thanks for your work, Mike. For me it only has been partly solved. If I uncheck the option "Hide the Navigation Bar", everything is back to normal. The top bar remains visible with black on white. But if I check the setting "Hide the Navigation Bar", the top bar becomes invisible as shown in my post #13 if I display a score (with hidden top bar) and go back to the library view.

I am on a Max Lumi (Android 10) with firmware 3.5.
I'll test it out and get it fixed if I can reproduce it. The next update isn't going to be as quick as the previous ones, as I want to work on some bigger tasks. If you need a more immediate fix, let me know as I'd need to upload a build for you with a fix in place. If you need a workaround, I think you can tap the fullscreen toggle on/off in the floating toolbar which temporarily fix the status bar.

Mike

UPDATE: 
I have it fixed for the next update.
(09-30-2024, 03:16 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have it fixed for the next update.

Thanks, that is great news. It is not a problem for me to wait until the fix is released. As a workaround I can just keep the hide option unchecked or go fullscreen as you said.