• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible bug: Importing bookmarks from multiple pdfs
Hi there,

I noticed that if you select "Import bookmarks from pdf/csv," then navigate to a directory where one than one pdf containing bookmarks are present, then select more than one file, only the first one will be imported via individual bookmarks; the l
other ones are just imported as monolithic pdfs.

is that by design? If so, multiple selections should not be possible in that dialog.

this is MSP 3.9.3 running on a Boox 10.3 withFW 3.5.4.
I allow multiple selection so that users can tap both the PDF and the CSV file they want to use (this allows joining a CSV with a PDF that has a different name if so desired). However, if you select multiple PDFs, it shouldn't be processing any more than the first. So that's a bug that I will have to address.

Mike
I just tested this and it works exactly as I described. If I select Import CSV or PDF Bookmarks, then select multiple PDFs, only the first PDF is actually processed, and the second is ignored. The second is not imported at all. Are you sure the second file is actually being imported on your device?

Thanks,
Mike
(10-08-2024, 04:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I just tested this and it works exactly as I described. If I select Import CSV or PDF Bookmarks, then select multiple PDFs, only the first PDF is actually processed, and the second is ignored. The second is not imported at all. Are you sure the second file is actually being imported on your device?

Thanks,
Mike

yes, because When I search the list of tunes for the name of the second file, I get a hit, and selecting that gets me to the document as if I had imported it explicitly. Fortunately I am still at the stage where I can completly start from scratch, ie clear the data base and go from there. I'll pm you with a detailed problem description including the pdfs within the next few days. Pls let me know if you need more info.

thanks!
well I'll be darned. Can't repro for the life of me anymore. One of those things.

Thanks for looking at it, pls close.