• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro issue after 3.8.0 and 3.8.1
Bug 
Hello Mike,

Yesterday overnight the iPadOS version updated itself to 3.8.0 which caused one of my chordpro files not loading, and the application frozen up. In the evening I noticed you quickly issued 3.8.1 addressing chordpro loading, and now the same file loads up, but doesn't display the same content as before.
I've uploaded the content of the file here.
  • The 2 issues I have now is that the chords used for the intro and outro part, which does not have corresponding lyrics was showing up fine in prior versions, but in the most recent one the page is displayed without those. Only those chords are displayed, which are inline with the lyrics, and not standalone.
  • The other issue is that in prior versions the {soc} {eoc} tags were marking the chorus, indenting the verse on display, and was successfully repeated on {chorus} tag, but this doesn't happen in the new version. No indentation and no repetition.
  • Capo tag is recognized fine. Can't say anything about the rest as I've imported using the companion, which handled the title and key automatically.
  • And there was an occasion that I couldn't access the overlay to transpose the same chordpro, and it was no matter what I was doing, it didn't even show the icons for the functions, instead turned the page/loaded next/prev song. Tried switching on and off performance mode, changed the setting to long press in settings, nothing helped, but after an iOS restart it was working fine. I did a folder sync to Google Drive before, where I noticed that exactly 30% the log went complately empty, I tried to scroll if it is just a bunch of empty lines after the log, but was unable to. It finished successfully, I exited, and then I experienced the overlay issue. As I tried to reproduce, the sync went the same way (log cleared on 30%), but the overlay was working fine. I mentioned but I don't think it is reproducable, and as it's no crash there's nothing to lean on, sorry!

I read you've added support to the pongo markup for chordpro, did you complately switch to a different "engine" which does not recognize these tags? Or is it a bug?

Thanks,
FuFe

Messages In This Thread
ChordPro issue after 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 - by FuFe - 06-08-2023, 08:52 AM