• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABC files and storage settings V3.9.3
Are ABC files supposed to follow the same import rules as PDFs?

I.E. if you have "Let Mobile Sheets Manage My Storage" turned OFF should the import of ABC files ignore this setting? 

My test environment consists of a directory called "Test" that lives under the default "Files" directory, and a library called "Test" that contains a collection called "Test Collection".  I use this for testing things like csv imports etc..

So, I was just playing around trying to learn more about ABC files, how they are formatted and investigating whether MS can transpose them (which I haven't figured out yet).

Anyhow, I would copy an ABC file to the storage location I wanted it in, do an import and check that all was fine, delete the song, including associated files, edit my source and copy it back over for a new import, check it out... rinse and repeat.  One time I forgot the deletion and got an alert about overwriting the file - HUH?  It should be using the file I'd just copied over AFAIK.  

So I looked around and lo and behold there's a new directory with the songs name on it.  Deleted the song taking care to tell it to delete the file and voila, the directory is now gone.

I thought this was odd, so I looked further and discovered that the option, although greyed out, to create directories for songs was checked, so I enabled MS file management which enabled the check box, remove the check, and disabled management again.  Tried a new import and now the file is going into the Files directory where everything else is.  Deleted song and file, reverted everything to a greyed check box and it went back to creating directories even though I reckon it shouldn't be as I've disabled MS storage management.

Tested a PDF and it still works as expected with no directories or copies being created.  I haven't investigated Chordpro stuff yet so I don't know what it's doing, and I've got very little idea of how to use ABC yet too.  It's all a big learning curve at the moment.

Oh yeah, is there a way to transpose ABC displayed songs within MS?

Thanks
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba

Messages In This Thread
ABC files and storage settings V3.9.3 - by Lawrie - 10-18-2024, 10:17 PM