• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paths not restored from backup on Win10 [fixed in 3.7.2]
The problem appears to be with the "Create Subdirectories per Song" option being disabled. The directories are not correctly maintained when that setting is off. There is a bug where the value used for the "Create Subdirectories per Song" is not set properly when extracting the backup. So it won't use the settings in the backup correctly for that setting - this can be avoided by changing the setting first, then restoring the backup with the option to "Restore Settings" off. This will be fixed with the next update. 

As far as the logic, I think the way it is behaving is mostly correct. If you uncheck the option to "Create Subdirectory per Song", that means MobileSheets will want to put everything in the root directory of the storage location. That effectively strips the directory structure. I'm going to change the logic a little bit to improve it though. If I detect that the subdirectories that were used were multiple levels deep, then that means the user had a custom folder structure and it should be maintained. If it is only one level deep, the directory will be removed. I can't detect scenarios where MobileSheets used its own subdirectory versus one that the user selected because multiple songs can share the same file, so there is no guarantee that the folder name matches the song title. That is why I think it would be incorrect to preserve the directory when "Create Subdirectories per Song" is unchecked.

As far as why it works on Android, that's due to some differences in how Android processes a library backup containing Windows file paths. There is some special handling that preserves directory structures for that. If you restored an Android backup file containing custom folders and then unchecked "Create Subdirectories per Song", I think you would see that the directories would be removed (that's my assumption based on looking at the code at least). In either case, I'm going to add the same code to both versions to ensure that if a custom directory structure was used with multiple levels of depth, that it will be maintained even when "Create Subdirectories per Song" is unchecked.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paths not restored from backup on Win10 - by Zubersoft - 02-23-2023, 07:14 AM