• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
I'm new to Mobile Sheets and as soon as I installed it on a 9 inch tablet I realised that I had to use a larger tablet for it, to use it to my satisfaction.
Searching in my country (the Netherlands) for a large Android tablet only gave me two hits: a 12.1 inch Archos tablet, with bad to very bad reviews regarding speed and screen image quality and the Hannspree Hannspad 13.3 inch, with hardly any review, but great specifications: full HD, Android 5.1, long battery life.
This seemed the best choice and I ventured the buy at the only shop that sells it here, for € 320. Too cheap to be good, one would think.
But this modest tablet with a huge screen exceeded all my expectations in every respect. It works very well, has a great screen resolution, is fast and what not.
It is not only great for playing music from, for which I bought it, but also great to read newspapers and magazines. And also great for "general use". So far - after just one week - I did not find any shortcomings. So that's it. I can recommend it highly.
Using Hannspad 13.3 inch Android tablet and Pageflip Firefly pedal with MobileSheets for piano.
Looks like we've got a winner... The Hannspree Hannspad 13.3" Titan2 is already down to €299.
But does it have RW capabilities on the external SD card?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
If it's running Android 5.1, then it will have the write restrictions on the external SD card. This isn't the end of the world if you either don't mind MS Pro managing files on the external SD card or you just manage files yourself.
Sounds great but not distributed in Canada or USA as far as their website states Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
(08-13-2016, 12:28 PM)saxophoner71 Wrote: Sounds great but not distributed in Canada or USA as far as their website states Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

That makes a change, this problem usually goes in the other direction Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(08-13-2016, 06:41 AM)sciurius Wrote: Looks like we've got a winner... The Hannspree Hannspad 13.3" Titan2 is already down to €299.

I have been using the Titan1 fine for more than a year now and lately got some nasty battery problems (shuts down at >60% without warning). Which is a problem, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for Hannspad hardware.

The Titan2 is a big no-go for me IMO. I got it when i tried to order a backup for my Titan (before the battery issues, even...), due to the shop not noticing the tablet had a new version. Weight went up from 940g to >1100g from Titan to Titan2, which is VERY noticable.

I've had the Archos 12'' as a backup for a while now. Speed is a problem with some stuff, but less so with Mobilesheets.
The lack of contrast is even more of a problem than with the Hannspad, though. (i.e. outdoors use is quite limited) But then it's only 130€, so I'm giving it some leeway.

I'll probably check out the Chuwi, while I'm trying to find a place that can replace my Hannspad's battery.
We use the Blaupunkt Endeavour 1013. Got it for around 220 Euro some month ago. 

It has a 13 inch screen with full HD. The Android version 4.4 is quite old, but Mobile Sheets runs very smooth. The battery life time is really good and the screen has a wide viewing angle. We normally use it in portrait mode and two (or even three) people can read the sheets easily. We combined it with a self built bluetooth page turner and are happy with it.
I am happy with Hannspree 13.3 (16 gb storage). I just bought another one on Ebay for $149 (US).

But, I try to keep it very simple. I use the micro USB for my page turner (BiLiPro) and always keep it plugged for power (I am always playing in places where there is electricity anyway).

I am happy with the Apzen 1320 too, but the one I bought (in a rush)as a backup only has 8GB memory. Frankly, this has been fine so far, but I like having the extra 8gb just in case.

Jeff
I think I found a new winner for the 13.3 16:9 budget category.
Trekstor's new theatre tablet has the same screen size as my Hannspad, and about the same weight, but that's where the similarities end.

It's cheaper (got mine for 199€), noticably brighter (!), slimmer due to a less expansive bezel, has better sound (i.e. you can actually understand Duolingo's text-to-speech without putting a hand behind the speaker). Also the build quality seems better, it feels more solid.
Well finally found a tablet to use!!!!!
It's an RCA-Pro 12..... I know who would think an RCA Tablet!!!!!
Well it's 12.2 and works great has good battery life and has detachable keyboard that closes and protects. Tablet is fairly heavy.
Anyway this is it from Walmart specs.

You want more from a tablet and the Pro12 Android two-in-one aims to deliver. The immersive 12.2-inch full HD screen provides a brilliant 1920 x 1200 display. Ditch your tired laptop in favor of the Pro12. The proprietary Magnalink connection securely docks the tablet to the keyboard so you can enjoy easy computing. The Pro12's quad-core processor is the perfect complement to Android's new operating system, Marshmallow, with Pro-level application response times. Don't feel like saving private information in the cloud? The included 64GB of flash storage, that is also expandable via microSD card, ensures plenty of local storage. You deserve more from your tablet. Pick up the new Pro12 and experience tablet technology as it should be.
Pro12 with WiFi 12.2" Touchscreen Tablet PC:

Technical Specifications:
1.30GHz quad-core processor
2GB DDR of system memory
12.2" touchscreen, 1920 x 1200 resolution
Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
Additional Features:
Back 8MP webcam
1 x headphone jack, 1 x microUSB 2.0 port, 1 x miniHDMI port, 1 x USB 2.0 port
64GB onboard storage memory, additional memory via microSD card slot
Up to 8 hours of run time on a full charge
Weighs 4.41 lbs; 10.24" x 2.17" x 16.14" dimensions
Software and Applications:
Android 6.0 OS (Marshmallow)
Android Music Player
Media Formats: popular media formats
What's in the Box:
Tablet, AC adapter and keyboard dock
Hallo guys new here wondering what tablet to buy!
is 9.7 screen too small for studying music or performing as a solo singer?
Singing an oratorio with orchestra for example....
I am considering the new galaxy tab s3 (9.7)
or it whould be better to give some more to go to windows and Surface pro 4?

thnx in advance
(04-11-2017, 06:07 AM)DomieMic65 Wrote: Hallo guys new here wondering what tablet to buy!

thnx in advance

It depends on your set-up and how far away the tablet will typically be from your face.
Of course, your eyesight may be a factor as well!  Huh

I find the 9" to 10" tablets I have to be more than adequate.
I often make use of my 7" tablets as well, with no issues.

I think anything larger than 12" would be for a special case (bad eyesight, tablet really far away) or for someone who wants to induce 'tablet envy' in his compatriots.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
I'm not a musician, just play for fun, so if (correction -when-) I make a mistake,  no problem! I use a 12.2" Samsung Galaxy Pro but keep the O.S. at 4.4.2 KitKat because I Midi link my Korg PA600 to the tablet, using Mobile-Sheets Pro and the USB/Midi cable to match the keyboard resources to the song selected. (when the song is selected, by the tablet, the on-board Korg Songbook loads all the presets for the selected song;  the Style, Rhythm, Tempo, 16 backing instruments for the left split, and the instrumentation for the right hand, plus 4 versions of that style's instrumentation, plus Pads & Breaks.)
The Android update to 5.5.1(on the Samsung Galaxy 12.2) was not able to permit this midi link and so I had to roll back the update. I use a tripod based metal music stand to hold the tablet and find i can read it okay at about 3ft distance. I turn the pages with a blue-tooth Cicada pedal.
Because I travel a lot, I find having 1000 plus songs on a tablet much better than carrying many books (trying to photo-copy the pages or worse, tearing out the pages)

I'd like to get a larger tablet to permit 2 pages side by side, but the cost is high, and it's hard to justify the single use.
(04-11-2017, 08:14 AM)Steve B. Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 06:07 AM)DomieMic65 Wrote: Hallo guys new here wondering what tablet to buy!

thnx in advance

It depends on your set-up and how far away the tablet will typically be from your face.
Of course, your eyesight may be a factor as well!  Huh

I find the 9" to 10" tablets I have to be more than adequate.
I often make use of my 7" tablets as well, with no issues.

I think anything larger than 12" would be for a special case (bad eyesight, tablet really far away) or for someone who wants to induce 'tablet envy' in his compatriots.
I like the 13.3 tablets.  I think this is particularly helpful if you play keyboards, and even more so if you have two stacked keyboards (in which case the tablet would usually be further from you).

Jeff
The ideal tablet for me as a conductor of a wind orchestra is my Samsung Galaxy View with 18,4" screen. Maybe it's the largest one which can be found. It can display the scores by 2 pages parallel. By tapping to the right it turns the next 2 pages. I got it by a good offer for 555€.
Best regards to all musicians from Saxony/Germany.