• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
Has anyone tried MSP on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or S4, or the Huawei Mediapad M5 Pro?  I'm particularly interested in how their active pens perform.
Does anyone have experience with 13,3" Trekstor Primetab T13B-CO (WIN 10) and mobilesheets?
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
(01-08-2019, 01:42 AM)aspiers Wrote: Has anyone tried MSP on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or S4, or the Huawei Mediapad M5 Pro?  I'm particularly interested in how their active pens perform.

Not the Tab, but I've got the Galaxy Book 12. The S-Pen that came with it is fantastic.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
(04-11-2019, 11:40 PM)Vibraphon Wrote: Does anyone have experience with 13,3" Trekstor Primetab T13B-CO (WIN 10) and mobilesheets?

I use the Trekstore Theatre 13.3 an MobileSheets works great for me.
This one runs on Android.
Sometimes it's hard to add notes, but for me needs it's OK.
Battery is no problem and it runs for hours without any problem.
I switched from paper scores to MSP half a year ago, and have been looking for a while for a better tablet than the Lenovo Tab4 10 that I'm using at the moment. 
Active stylus is a must, because fat fingering or using one of those fake fat finger styli just doesn't cut it. I also tested the Wacom Bamboo Tip, but it's too inaccurate.

I had a go at a friends' Ipad Pro 12.9", and I loved the form factor, but I absolutely hated IOS - and, to be honest, forScore (the UI is very pretty, but not even half as usable as MSP).
So, still looking. There are rumours that Samsung's new Tab5 might be an 11" or 12", so that sounds interesting.
(04-29-2019, 01:02 AM)jdeluyck Wrote: I switched from paper scores to MSP half a year ago, and have been looking for a while for a better tablet than the Lenovo Tab4 10 that I'm using at the moment. 
Active stylus is a must, because fat fingering or using one of those fake fat finger styli just doesn't cut it. I also tested the Wacom Bamboo Tip, but it's too inaccurate.

I had a go at a friends' Ipad Pro 12.9", and I loved the form factor, but I absolutely hated IOS - and, to be honest, forScore (the UI is very pretty, but not even half as usable as MSP).
So, still looking. There are rumours that Samsung's new Tab5 might be an 11" or 12", so that sounds interesting.

Is going windows out of  the question?  If not I would look at a Surface Pro to try out.
It may be worth looking at 2-in-1's also. There are a few 2 piece [base + screen] options that may work for you. [Same thing as a Surface with extra keyboard.] I decided on a 1 piece 2-in-1 Dell refurb since I also wanted to use it as my main computer with dual boot capabilities and don't want to worry about unexpected separations [that happened with my Asus]. The annotations seem to be working, with no problems, as fast as I can scribble using the active pen. The Bamboo is supposed to work on it also. Sometimes inexpensive is not the way to go. Angel
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-29-2019, 10:27 AM)InstrEd Wrote: Is going windows out of  the question?  If not I would look at a Surface Pro to try out.

I haven't properly looked at it, to be honest. I'm fairly invested in the Android ecosystem, and an avid linux user, but I'm always game for some good hardware. I had a quick look in the past but there was *something* that bothered me about it...

(04-30-2019, 12:48 AM)Skip Wrote: It may be worth looking at 2-in-1's also. There are a few 2 piece [base + screen] options that may work for you. [Same thing as a Surface with extra keyboard.] I decided on a 1 piece 2-in-1 Dell refurb since I also wanted to use it as my main computer with dual boot capabilities and don't want to worry about unexpected separations [that happened with my Asus]. The annotations seem to be working, with no problems, as fast as I can scribble using the active pen. The Bamboo is supposed to work on it also. Sometimes inexpensive is not the way to go. Angel

One thing about 2-in-1's that I was worried about is the weight. I found the iPad pro heavy in the long run - some concerts do last >1h, so if you're standing there with that on your arm it weighs. I have no idea how the 2-in-1's fair in that.
The 1 piece 2-in-1's are going to be heavier than a tablet because of the keyboard and larger [probably] batteries. I use a stand though. It's going to be difficult, if not impossible, to find a relatively large screen device weighing less than the ipad pro. My 13.5 in is 3.1 lbs, HP's are about 2.9 lbs. Surface pro about 2 lbs. Ipad pro about 1 lb. The new Boox e-ink is about 1.3 lbs.  Using a weight limit as a primary concern, you will probably have to look at the 7-9 inch phones/readers/tablets and consider their ability to page/scroll and annotate, along being able to read the charts.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-30-2019, 06:42 AM)Skip Wrote:  The new Boox e-ink is about 1.3 lbs.  Using a weight limit as a primary concern, you will probably have to look at the 7-9 inch phones/readers/tablets and consider their ability to page/scroll and annotate, along being able to read the charts.

Sony's Digital Paper are:
10.3" is 240grams/0.53 lbs
13.3" is 349grams/0.77 lbs

One can annotate PDFs very easily. But Android is not natively accessible on Sony's Digital Paper.

Unfortunately to access Android these need to be rooted and to get Bluetooth working (wireless page turning) is even more complicated.

Onyx is loosing on hardware side and Sony on software side.
I just started using a Surface Pro I got on ebay for a reasonable price. It works quite well, with some quirks. The battery seems to last about 2 hours, which makes me worry about longer concerts. It would be nicer if it were a little bigger but there is nothing really affordable, light and with a good screen I could find.
(04-30-2019, 10:56 AM)Eddfiddler Wrote: I just started using a Surface Pro I got on ebay for a reasonable price. It works quite well, with some quirks. The battery seems to last about 2 hours, which makes me worry about longer concerts. It would be nicer if it were a little bigger but there is nothing really affordable, light and with a good screen I could find.

A colleague has the Surface Pro 6 and a pen - I can borrow it next week, gonna test it out.
Having tested it, I have to say it's a very nice solution. Screen resolution and size is good, stylus is one of the best I've tested.
Unfortunately I don't know if it's one I'll go for, as windows 10 as a tablet feels unfinished - definitely for the pricetag.
I'd been looking for a tablet (or something) that displays the same size as an A4 page (or letter for you US guys).

I didn't quite succeed but close with a Asus C302 chromebook.  It has 16:9 ratio 12.5" screen, awesome battery life.  I have quite a few scores that just drift on to two pages so cropping them tight and using the vertical scrolling function allows me to see the full score.

I also purchased a bluetooth pedal however it forces the chromebook into landscape mode.  I have to manually override the orientation with the chromebook settings (CTRL+SHIFT+rotate) but this is annoying.  I did read another post on this, any news on a fix?

Anyway, highly recommend the chromebook.
I would surely look into chromebook.

Great info!!