• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some feature requests
Hi there,

After using Forscore on iPads for many years, I now switched back to Mobilesheets because I bought a Boox Max Lumi 2.
I use the program daily because I'm a professional musician (trumpetplayer and conductor) and it is a very stable combi.

1. Coming from Forscore I do miss multiple tabs in Mobilesheets but I saw more requests for that functionality already (and a promise that it will come), so I wait eagerly for that option.
  2. When I perform as a trumpet player I use the option to scroll half pages (portrait mode) very often but I also have frequent jobs as a conductor and then I turn it off. I noticed that it takes a lot of moves to change this option. Maybe it would be possible to do a long tap on the mode icon and let a do a preferred change by just press and hold? In my case: Change page turn from half page to one page. Just a suggestion.
  3. I have a lot of different setlists and list gets longer with every gig I do. I do need to keep the old setlists. So let's say I have 50 letlist now and they belong to about 15 bands. Is it possible to put the setlist in a folder structure? In my case I would like that by band name and then under that band folder the setlists which are used for that band. I hope this makes sense... 
  4. When editing or making a setlist on my Boox, I find it pretty difficult to drag and drop a song from the bottom of a setlist to the top part of the setlist. Maybe this is a problem related to the E-ink refresh rate of my Boox (i do use the e-ink Mobilesheets version). I try the make most of the sets on the Companion app on my pc but often I'm not able to use that option. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Thanks in advance.
Wouter
Hello Wouter,

1) Yes, it's on the list of things to do once I have time
2) It does seem reasonable to have a long press option to quickly change the display mode (and page scaling mode for that matter too). I should be able to slip this into one of the next updates.
3) Adding groups of setlists is also on the list of things to do, but it will require an entirely new tab and editor, so it's not something I can quickly add.
4) Try tapping the number to the left of the entry and then enter the position number to move the song to that position. That may be easier than dragging the entries around.

Mike
(05-20-2023, 03:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Wouter,

1) Yes, it's on the list of things to do once I have time
2) It does seem reasonable to have a long press option to quickly change the display mode (and page scaling mode for that matter too). I should be able to slip this into one of the next updates.
3) Adding groups of setlists is also on the list of things to do, but it will require an entirely new tab and editor, so it's not something I can quickly add.
4) Try tapping the number to the left of the entry and then enter the position number to move the song to that position. That may be easier than dragging the entries around.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Ad. 1: Smile
Ad. 2: Smile Smile 
Ad. 3: Smile  I'll be patient
Ad. 4: That does work but I have to get used to system. But it is more stable than the drag and drop.

Thanks!
Wouter
I've posted this a few times now so apologies to those who have seen it before!

I format my set list names like this  "venue yyyy-mm-dd".
This means that when sorted in A-Z order, all the songs for a venue are adjacent to each other with the oldest setlist nearest the top.
I can now use the letter keys to skip to a venue

For imminent gigs, I put one or more spaces at the front of the setlist name; these appear at the top of the setlist display (in a # category)
Doing this means that the lists are easily located without having to scan through all the historic lists.

After the gig, I rename the list without the leading spaces, this puts it at the bottom of the entries for that venue.

If you adopted this approach, you would probably need to use "band venue yyyy-mm-dd"

If managing lists for 15 bands becomes difficult, it might be an idea to consider having a separate library for each band (though having 15 libraries might also be a bit difficult) 

As you will be relying on this database, don't forget to use MS to make regular backups (ideally on a second device).
Also, consider turning off automatic updating of MS in Play Store (or whatever) - you don't want an unexpected update before a gig.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(05-20-2023, 04:49 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: I've posted this a few times now so apologies to those who have seen it before!

I format my set list names like this  "venue yyyy-mm-dd".
This means that when sorted in A-Z order, all the songs for a venue are adjacent to each other with the oldest setlist nearest the top.
I can now use the letter keys to skip to a venue

For imminent gigs, I put one or more spaces at the front of the setlist name; these appear at the top of the setlist display (in a # category)
Doing this means that the lists are easily located without having to scan through all the historic lists.

After the gig, I rename the list without the leading spaces, this puts it at the bottom of the entries for that venue.

If you adopted this approach, you would probably need to use "band venue yyyy-mm-dd"

If managing lists for 15 bands becomes difficult, it might be an idea to consider having a separate library for each band (though having 15 libraries might also be a bit difficult) 

As you will be relying on this database, don't forget to use MS to make regular backups (ideally on a second device).
Also, consider turning off automatic updating of MS in Play Store (or whatever) - you don't want an unexpected update before a gig.

Geoff

Thanks for all these tips Geoff!
Wouter
I suppose for organising set lists you could prefix them with the band name and then use the alphabetical index to find them? I have the band as custom information and it's displayed in lists too. But then I only play in 5 bands at the moment!
(05-23-2023, 09:53 PM)spandit Wrote: I suppose for organising set lists you could prefix them with the band name and then use the alphabetical index to find them? I have the band as custom information and it's displayed in lists too. But then I only play in 5 bands at the moment!

Something like that will probably be the best sollution for now (and it is the way how it is sorted right now).
Still it is getting to be a pretty long list if you do a lot of gigging with a lot of different bands. Wink

Wouter