• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New 14.1 inch android tablet PERFECT
HI all:  

I wanted to provide an update on the MESWAO tablets I purchased back in MAY 2023 that started this msg string.

I perform weekly with this tablets and I have not been let down at all.  Indoor or outdoor, I can see the screen great.  I have multiple tablets and sync up the databases by using my windows PC as master source for database updates, then upload to a free DROPBOX account, then download to the tablets. Optionally, I connect a USB cable from PC to tablets and slide a copy of the database from the PC to tablet in a MSdatabase folder under Download folder.  Then simply do a restore from local database.  I turn on the WI-FI about once a week to get any Android and MobileSheets updates.  I charge them about once a week since a 4 hour show uses about 40% of the battery.  The charger that comes with them charges the tablets up in about 1 hour.    As mentioned by another user above, once in a while there is an android app crashing, something I never use like Digital Wellbeing.  I just close it and carry on.  Other than that they just run great for me. 

Best of luck Ya-all  !!
(12-22-2023, 12:22 PM)tmj100 Wrote: HI all:  

I wanted to provide an update on the MESWAO tablets I purchased back in MAY 2023 that started this msg string.

I perform weekly with this tablets and I have not been let down at all.  Indoor or outdoor, I can see the screen great.  I have multiple tablets and sync up the databases by using my windows PC as master source for database updates, then upload to a free DROPBOX account, then download to the tablets. Optionally, I connect a USB cable from PC to tablets and slide a copy of the database from the PC to tablet in a MSdatabase folder under Download folder.  Then simply do a restore from local database.  I turn on the WI-FI about once a week to get any Android and MobileSheets updates.  I charge them about once a week since a 4 hour show uses about 40% of the battery.  The charger that comes with them charges the tablets up in about 1 hour.    As mentioned by another user above, once in a while there is an android app crashing, something I never use like Digital Wellbeing.  I just close it and carry on.  Other than that they just run great for me. 

Best of luck Ya-all  !!

Did you have trouble pairing the 2 MESWAO tablets using bluetooth because they have identical bluetooth IDs?  I have to use WiFi for the pairing
(12-22-2023, 01:18 PM)afyuen Wrote: Did you have trouble pairing the 2 MESWAO tablets using bluetooth because they have identical bluetooth IDs?  I have to use WiFi for the pairing

Interesting question...  They might have the same name, but the MAC addresses should be different.  If they're not there's a problem.  My first guess would be counterfeit bluetooth hardware.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
(12-22-2023, 12:22 PM)tmj100 Wrote: ...As mentioned by another user above, once in a while there is an android app crashing, something I never use like Digital Wellbeing.  I just close it and carry on. 

If anyone else is having issues with various apps crashing, follow the steps in the attached pdf I got by emailing support@meswao.com to update to the latest firmware. Be aware this will do a hard reset on your tablet. So do a backup first and be prepared to set up again from scratch.

Attached Files
.pdf   Meswao B1 flashing steps - 1013.pdf (Size: 1.6 MB / Downloads: 11)
Does anyone who has this tablet use a screen protector? If so, which one? There doesn't seem to be one specifically designed to fit this screen size.

Also, are you using a tempered glass protector, or plastic film?

TIA.
I just purchased one of these Meswao tablets. While I think it's a great bargain for the price, be aware that the hype over the size of the 14.1-inch screen is a bit misleading.

The actual height and width of the screen are 12 x 6-3/4 (=16:9 ratio), so the width is really constraining and you can't typically use all of the available height when viewing scores in portrait mode. If your source pdf files are from 8-1/2 x 11 scans, then you'll literally have about 2-1/2 inches of dead vertical space.

So your effective page size is 6-3/4 wide and about 9-3/8 tall, which equals about 11.5 inches diagonally, still a good number but not anywhere close to the 14.1 inch screen size.
You can use the vertical scrolling display mode though to see both the current page and part of the next page.

Mike
I use this glass screen protector which is a perfect fit over the display area. It doesn’t cover the black mat area. 
14" Laptop Screen Protector
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QXC86J8

Regarding the wasted space, I set my alignment to top, turn on Show Library Window, and park my set list or song list down in the empty space.
Music 
Hello Meswao users,
I'm a user from Germany and bought the MESWAO-Tablet in November 2023. Since I mainly use it as a digital music stand (with MobileSheets), I am generally satisfied. 
However, I noticed a malfunction as follows:
On my Meswao-Tablet, it is not possible to enter any app via the settings menu (for example to delete the cache of an app). When I tap on "settings" and than on any app, I'm given an error message “Einstellungen wurde beendet" (in englisch this should be something like "Settings terminated”) or the system just jumps back to the Settings-main-menu. I have created a PDF-Document with pics for better understanding (cf.
.pdf   Meswao-malfunction.pdf (Size: 190.7 KB / Downloads: 9) ).
Even a reset to the factory-settings did not change this malfunction.
The fast and friendly Meswao-support then provided me a flashing-documentation (as described in thread #19 by mdavej) to update the firmware. The flashing worked, I now have the system/build version: MES-B1 20231013. But unfortunately, the flashing did not resolve the malfunction described above. 
I then asked the support to send me a new tablet in exchange, which they did. I tested the new tablet and unfortunately it shows exactly the same malfunction. 
Therefore now my request to you as MESWAO-Tablet-Users: would you please try to access an app via the Settings-Menu and report your results in this forum? 
I assume, that this error exists on all Meswao tablets and that there is a general problem with the Meswao basic software in interaction with Android12. In that case, I would contact Meswao support again and ask the Meswao software developers to take a closer look at this malfunction in order to provide a system update. 
Anyway - I think I will keep the tablet, as the above error does not hinder its main use as a digital music folder. 
Thanks for your support!
Removing all permissions and notifications and choosing deny access to data usage on digital well being app fixed my crashes.
(01-25-2024, 04:04 AM)mdavej Wrote: Removing all permissions and notifications and choosing deny access to data usage on digital well being app fixed my crashes.

Hi & thanks for your message, but I don't even have the "Digital Wellbeing"-App on my Meswao-Tablet. 
Did you try to follow my described steps in order to reproduce/cross-check the malfunction, I described in my post? Is the error not occuring on your tablet?
(01-25-2024, 04:28 AM)Steffen Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 04:04 AM)mdavej Wrote: Removing all permissions and notifications and choosing deny access to data usage on digital well being app fixed my crashes.

Hi & thanks for your message, but I don't even have the "Digital Wellbeing"-App on my Meswao-Tablet. 
Did you try to follow my described steps in order to reproduce/cross-check the malfunction, I described in my post? Is the error not occuring on your tablet?

My crashes were random, and stopped when I essentially disabled that one app which was pre installed in the ROM on my US tablet. I would try your steps, but I no longer have this tablet. But I never had a crash when accessing settings as in your example. 

In any case, my suspicion is that some low level app that runs continuously in the background is the culprit. Not sure what app that might be on the German version. But it's an app that monitors how long you use that tablet and has parental controls settings to limit usage.
(01-25-2024, 04:44 AM)mdavej Wrote:

My crashes were random, and stopped when I essentially disabled that one app which was pre installed in the ROM on my US tablet. I would try your steps, but I no longer have this tablet. But I never had a crash when accessing settings as in your example. 

In any case, my suspicion is that some low level app that runs continuously in the background is the culprit. Not sure what app that might be on the German version. But it's an app that monitors how long you use that tablet and has parental controls settings to limit usage.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Anyone else around here, who's still using the Meswao-Tablet and who could cross-check my error-description or has a solution?
(01-23-2024, 03:55 AM)Steffen Wrote: Hello Meswao users,
I'm a user from Germany and bought the MESWAO-Tablet in November 2023. Since I mainly use it as a digital music stand (with MobileSheets), I am generally satisfied. 
However, I noticed a malfunction as follows:
On my Meswao-Tablet, it is not possible to enter any app via the settings menu (for example to delete the cache of an app). When I tap on "settings" and than on any app, I'm given an error message “Einstellungen wurde beendet" (in englisch this should be something like "Settings terminated”) or the system just jumps back to the Settings-main-menu. I have created a PDF-Document with pics for better understanding (cf. ).
Even a reset to the factory-settings did not change this malfunction.
The fast and friendly Meswao-support then provided me a flashing-documentation (as described in thread #19 by mdavej) to update the firmware. The flashing worked, I now have the system/build version: MES-B1 20231013. But unfortunately, the flashing did not resolve the malfunction described above. 
I then asked the support to send me a new tablet in exchange, which they did. I tested the new tablet and unfortunately it shows exactly the same malfunction. 
Therefore now my request to you as MESWAO-Tablet-Users: would you please try to access an app via the Settings-Menu and report your results in this forum? 
I assume, that this error exists on all Meswao tablets and that there is a general problem with the Meswao basic software in interaction with Android12. In that case, I would contact Meswao support again and ask the Meswao software developers to take a closer look at this malfunction in order to provide a system update. 
Anyway - I think I will keep the tablet, as the above error does not hinder its main use as a digital music folder. 
Thanks for your support!
Hello Steffen,
I have indeed the same problem.
(01-25-2024, 05:02 AM)Steffen Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 04:44 AM)mdavej Wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Anyone else around here, who's still using the Meswao-Tablet and who could cross-check my error-description or has a solution?
I have the same problem: not a single app can be opened from Settings -->Apps