• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to link tablets with one page turner
I'm definitely not familiar with those tablets and have never run across them before. That will make it hard to provide any information about their capabilities as far as simultaneous bluetooth connections. I do need answers to a few of those questions I asked though, namely:

Can you please document what settings you have selected (in the Connect Tablets->New Leader dialog)? 

If you tap to turn a page instead of using the pedal, does that turn pages on the follower tablets?

Those were in my previous message and will help us determine the root cause of the problem we are seeing here. I know you said you want to take a photo, and you can send that photo to mike@zubersoft.com if you want, but there are only like 5-6 settings on that dialog, so you can also just list which ones you currently have checked.

As far as using WiFi, you would need to have a phone act as a WiFi hotspot if you wanted to use that at a venue without WiFi, or you can buy a standalone router to connect the devices to. Internet connectivity is not required for this, so hooking up a WiFi router to power nearby should be all you need to do to have the devices able to communicate with each other. This is just an idea though - we should (hopefully) be able to get bluetooth working, but I just wanted you to test this to see if bluetooth is the cause of some of the issues. 

One other thing I'd like you to do is go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and send the .mcf file to mike@zubersoft.com. This will actually let me see all of your application settings including what you selected for the new leader, so that's another way to get me that information. This will also show me what pedal actions you have defined and such. 

I recognize how frustrating this can be and I appreciate your patience through this. I've gotten the bluetooth functionality to work with every tablet I've tested with, but sometimes it can take a little experimentation with pairing/unpairing, rebooting devices, turning bluetooth off/on, etc, to get them working. Without all of the information though, I'm not sure which of these is the problem:

1) The bluetooth connectivity
2) Something related to the pedal actions
3) The settings used either on the leader device or the followers device on the Connect Tablets dialog
4) A library mismatch between devices

Another thing you can do is create a full library backup from two of those tablets under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, upload those to the cloud, share a link with mike@zubersoft.com to those files, and then I can restore those backups on two of my tablets and test connecting them and loading the same song you are testing with. This will help me identify if there is something else going on, or if the problem is strictly related to the types of devices you are using.

Mike