• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to link tablets with one page turner
I'm having a terrable time trying to link 3 tablets for the band so that they all turn songs pages at the same time.
I'm wondering if there is a particular blue tooth page turner that works better with Mobile Sheets?
Why is the bluetooth page turner the problem in this scenario? I'm a little confused - you first said that you are encountering issues linking the three tablets - does that mean you are having connectivity issues with the "Connect Tablets" feature? Are you connecting over bluetooth or WiFi? Why is the bluetooth pedal causing problems and what type of pedal are you currently using?

Mike
Thanks for responding Mike.  I understand your confusion. I'm sure I'm the cause of it. Let me say thank you for the "Connect Tablets" thought. I'm using bluetooth.
Unfortunately, I may have unwittingly complicated things, by inadvertainly pushing the wrong buttons on my three android tablets. Is it possible to erace and start fresh?
It depends what you mean by erasing and starting fresh. Are you wanting to completely clear all of the libraries on all of the devices and reset the application settings? Or are you just saying you want to close the application and restart it? You can do that by tapping the back button until MobileSheets closes and then tap it again to load it.

Mike
Thanks Mike. 
I'm saying I compleatly messed up the 'leader', 'join group' thing. I'm using an AIRTURN pedal. It used to at least turn two of the three tablets,back and forward, now it acts crazy. Can't seem to get it right even on one tablet?
I obviousley don't know what I'm doing and it seems like I can't follow instructions. Forgive me but 'What back button'? I don't see a back button. Do you mean the tablet 'back' button or is there a 'back' mobilesheets button?
When I tap the join group button, nothing happens and then there is the 'allow this tablet to remain visable to other devices for 120 seconds'. What's up with that. In our band the sets are an hour long. Ya gotta have all three tablets stay connected for an entire set, right?? 
I printed the "Connecting devices and synchronizing page turns" and "connecting and using a pedal" but apparently, I'm not getting it right. When I go to "Select the pedal action" and press "go to next page" the pedal won't go back a page?  It used to! There is like 50 buttons to pick from, no of which indicate going forward AND backwards.
Isn't there someone I can pay to walk me through this?? My CAD program has "Robert" an expert who sets me straight and sets up my CAD progran to do what I need it to do. 
LOST IN MOBILESHEETS,
Gene
Gene,

I'll do my best to try to walk you through this. First off, the "Connect Tablets" feature is what allows multiple devices to be connected together, so I'm assuming you are utilizing that. The way this feature works is if a page turn is detected on the leader, it will send a page turn request to all of the follower tablets. A bluetooth pedal, by default, will just turn pages when you press a pedal switch, so the pedal itself is only communicating with a single device, but the leader device is the one that then sends out the page turn request to the other tablets. I just mention this so that you understand that the pedal is not communicating with all three devices. If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, this is where you can see what actions will be triggered by the pedal. Given the state of your pedal right now, I'd like you to do the following: Under the pedal actions, tap the keys field for pedal 1, then tap Clear. Now press the pedal switch. Set the action for the pedal and repeat with the keys field for pedal 2. The actions should be set to "Go to previous page" and "Go to next page". No other pedal keys/actions should be set other than 1 & 2.

As far as the "back button" I'm referring to, every Android tablet (excluding Chromebooks) has a back button. It used to be a physical button, but now it just shows up in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. You should see three icons in the navigation bar - a recent button, home button and back button. The back button can be used to back out of any dialog, screen, etc. So yes, I'm referring to the tablet back button.

As far as the "Connect Tablets" prompts, if you are using bluetooth, the leader has to advertise that other devices can connect to it in order for them to see it. This uses a fair amount of energy which is why it only lasts for 120 seconds. If no device has connected within 120 seconds, but you later need to connect something, you have to click on the "Discoverable" toggle so that the leader starts advertising again. The follower devices will search for available devices for around 15 seconds, but you can turn the scan toggle back on if needed to start searching again. Once devices are connected, they stay connected. So there is no time limit on how long they will stay connected.

As far as your last question, a pedal switch can only trigger one action. How could it trigger both going forward and going backward? Those two would conflict with each other. Typically a user would set one pedal switch to go backward, and one pedal switch to go forward with a two-pedal unit. 

Mike
Wow, thank you Mike. Let me clear the tablets and start fresh. I'll let you know how I do. 
Gene
Well we're making progress. I have the 'leader tablet' correctly sycn with the AIRTURN pedal. It goes to next page and the other button 'goes to previous'.
Thank you for that. I can't get the other two to do anything in spite of working the 120 second 'thing' and the 15 second thing on the other two tablets.
Something is missing with my 'connect tablets' use. Very frustrating. Not sure if I have the correct connections in the 'tablet' settings or if I'm goofing up 
the 'connect tablets' thing?
The leader tablet is using BlueTooth to receive messages from the pedal (it sounds as though you have this working).

The other two tablets are using BT to communicate with the leader tablet (not the pedal)

Tablet Settings: Is BT turned on (all tablets)? If necessary, ensure that any BT connection info for the pedal is deleted from the follower tablets

MS: You shouldn't set up pedal actions on the follower tablets i.e. check that their "Pedal Actions" actions are cleared

Suggest you connect 2 tablets via BT and check to see if a page turn on leader triggers a turn on the follower tablet (you don't need the pedal for this).
When you have that working, try using the pedal to turn the page on the leader

I'm assuming that on the Connect Tablets - Manage Device Connections dialog, you have the same value for "Connect using" selected, If using Bluetooth as the method, you have to turn the Search to "ON" ; this isn't visible if "Connect using" is set to Wifi

Geoff
PS I don't have a pedal!
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff's guidance is spot on. To clarify further, connecting multiple devices over Bluetooth can sometimes be problematic. You may need to pair the devices first in the bluetooth settings before trying to connect them in MobileSheets, although if you don't do this, MobileSheets should prompt you to pair the devices when you try to connect them. Sometimes you need to clear the pairing and forget it in the bluetooth settings before connecting in MobileSheets if there is some kind of stale information about the bluetooth connection (I've had this happen with bluetooth devices before too after pairing them with multiple different devices or installing firmware updates). 

So let me ask this - once you create the leader and it prompts you to make the device discoverable, you should then bring up the connect tablets dialog on the other tablet (don't do this right away, wait for a few seconds after the leader is discoverable), and you should see the leader device show up as something to connect to. Are you able to see the device? If so, tap the device, then tap Join Group. Is the connection successful? If so, load a song - does it load on both devices at once? This will only work if both devices have a song with the same title. Then try turning pages - do the pages turn on each device?

Mike
The leader tablet is using BlueTooth to receive messages from the pedal (it sounds as though you have this working). I DO.
The other two tablets are using BT to communicate with the leader tablet (not the pedal) CORRECT
Tablet Settings: Is BT turned on (all tablets)? YES   If necessary, ensure that any BT connection info for the pedal is deleted from the follower tablets DID THAT
MS: You shouldn't set up pedal actions on the follower tablets i.e. check that their "Pedal Actions" actions are cleared ALSO DID THAT 
Suggest you connect 2 tablets via BT and check to see if a page turn on leader triggers a turn on the follower tablet (you don't need the pedal for this). I DID - IT STILL DOES NOT TURN THE PAGE IN THE 2ND TABLET??  This is where I hit the roadblock.
When you have that working, try using the pedal to turn the page on the leader Not working yet and now the AirTurn pedel won't work.
I'm assuming that on the Connect Tablets - Manage Device Connections dialog, you have the same value for "Connect using" selected, If using Bluetooth as the method, you have to turn the Search to "ON" ; this isn't visible if "Connect using" is set to Wifi In the Manage Device Connection dialog window, touching the search button on the follower tablet gives me a circleing circle.

VERY FRUSTRATING  -  need to pay someone to walk me through this. Can't believe there is no such service. Perhaps I wasted $45 on mobilesheets.
Mike is not some mega corporation, he is a single person operation with a couple of helpers.
He is incredible and always does his best to sort issues for people. His customer service is second to none.
You haven't wasted your money on MSP but you are being rude to him.

I can't help you any further as I don't use these features

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
One concern here is that some tablets have a limit on the maximum number of bluetooth things that can be connected at once. If you find that once you connect the other tablets that the pedal stops working, that might indicate that your tablet have a limitation of only having a couple bluetooth devices connected at once. You did not list the models of the tablets you are using, so it will be hard to comment on that.

There are also a number of settings when you create the new leader that are important. Can you please document what settings you have selected? You want book mode to be off (pretty important), and you want "Turn pages on follower devices" to be checked. You also want "Load songs and setlist on follower devices" checked.  If you tap to turn a page instead of using the pedal, does that turn pages on the follower tablets? You didn't mention that, but this is important for knowing whether you even have a pedal issue or not. Also, I'm assuming you are loading a song with multiple pages or a setlist, but obviously if you just load a single page song you can't turn pages. On the follower devices, tap the "Settings" button on the "Connect Tablets" dialog, and make sure that all of the options are checked. This is also important.

I'm happy to continue helping you as much as needed, and I'll respond as quickly as possible. 

Also, as a side note, it can be helpful to connect over WiFi and see if that works properly to rule out any bluetooth specific issues.

Mike
Thank you Mike. I'll give your recommendations a go in the morning.
Not sure what Geoff was refering to, but I was in no way being rude to you.
I'm not of that sort. I am simply frustrated that this isn't working as I do not
want the rest of my band mates to be disapointed.  Thanks again.
Gene
Mike,  Forgot to add, I have 3 Pritom (M10) 10.1" TronPad Internet tablets, using an AirTurn BT500/S-2 pedal. 
Well I guess the best way to document the tablet setting is to take a photo, however, the 'insert an image' button above
wants a 'URL website'. What the heck, do I have to start a webpage to send an image? Now about the 'connect using' if 
I use WiFi instead of Bluetooth, will the tablets still work when we're playing somewhere that doesn't have WiFi?  Damn,
for a while last week I have two tablets working together. Now, nothing works :(