• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tap of number ignored when reordering setlist
Thanks for trying Mike - I knew I was special!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Mike

This works as expected when the filters are not displayed
ie. it only fails when the filters are showing

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
That's interesting - the search field on your device must be causing a conflict of some kind. That's good information though, as I don't know if I had the filters visible on every device I tested.

Mike
If it helps, the filters don't have anything in them; they are just visible.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
It did not help me reproduce the issue yet I'm afraid. I tested on Android versions ranging from 5.1 to 13 (I don't have a device running Android 6 or 8 though). So I'm still at a loss to know how to reproduce what you are seeing.

Mike
Thanks for looking Mike

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
@Mike

FYI

Found out yesterday that this now seems to be working again (3.8.26)!

Tried again today using an old setlist and it didn't work. Tried again on yesterday's setlist and it worked.
Tried four old setlists (not sure included the one that didn't work) and they worked

No idea why as I haven't changed any settings for ages.

Geoff
ps: This is using the normal keyboard (you previously suggested I did a test with a virtual keyboard)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
@Mike

This is for information as it is not at all critical.

Just upgraded to 3.8.36

The problem still exists but only on the first attempt to change the number in the set list
Subsequent attempts succeed (this was not the case when I first had the problem)
It also succeeds when trying to change the number in a different set list

Perfomed forced stop on MS and retried.
Same result - fails first time and works after that (changing same number in same set list)

This means that there is something wrong in the code when a reposition is first attempted.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
It's interesting information, but unfortunately, there isn't much I can do if I can't reliably reproduce the problem. It works properly for me on my newer devices (Samsung Tab S4 with Android 9, Samsung Tab S8 Ultra with Android 14). I think on one of my older devices (Android 5.0) I periodically may have seen what you are talking about - I'd have to try it again. This could be an issue tied to the Android version and the way the virtual keyboard works between different devices.

Mike
Thanks Mike

No need to worry about it - I was just trying to give you enough information in case it was a simple fix.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6