• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem/bug? with 2-device mode and page advance to next song
Hello Mike,

I think, I ran across a small bug in a special combination.

I use an MS-Surface under Win10 as my main device, and a MouKey-Bluetooth-Pedal for page turns.
I have configured that advancing to the next song by pedal is disabled.
(when accidetially hitting the pedal twice, I don't want to end up in the next song)
Fine so far.

I want to use my old Samsung Galaxy 10 tablet (Android 4.4.4 - they don't update this device any longer Sad ) as a second screen, sitting right hand to my main tablet (to get a glimps on what is awaiting me on the next page).
I've connected the two devices via Bluetooth in book-mode, "turn one-page".
Page advancing works fine in both directions, as long as I stay within the same song.

When the last page of a song is shown on my main device (MS-Surface), the secondary (Samsung) already shows the first page of the next song of the current setlist. ok.
But when I press the forward pedal, the main device changes to the next song, altough I've disabled this in the pedal settings.

Is it intended that way?
If its a bug, than definitely a low priority, nothing that needs urgent correction.

MobileSeets Version is 3.8.31 on Windows and 3.8.36 on Android, both via the respective AppStore.

Many thanks for this really great product, for the steadily ongoing development and for your quick responses I've seen so far in the forum!

Best Regards
Andreas
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal
It does sound like a bug. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks,
Mike
So I looked at the code, and the current behavior seems intentional. When in book mode, MobileSheets does not prevent song changes with a pedal. Having said that, whether this is the right behavior or not, I'm not sure. I can't remember the history and conversations with users that led to me implementing it that way. It doesn't seem right to me though, so I'm going to switch the code so that the "prevent pedal from changing songs" setting is enforced while turning pages in book mode. We will see if some users don't like that change, but I can't think of any scenarios off the top of my head where it makes sense for that setting to not work only in book mode.

Thanks,
Mike