• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random lines appear during annotations
Hi,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Ultra tablet.

Often, when I make annotations an angled line streaks across the page, but I am not creating that line.

When I select the eraser I only need touch the line anywhere and it is instantly deleted, leaving one dot where the line originated or ended (I don't know which).  I can erase the dot, and I'm good to go.

I know this all sounds strange, so I have added a short video.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qvqtu5cf5...29511&dl=0

My suspicion is that my palm touching the screen is doing something to create this, but that is only a guess on my part.

Thanks so much,

-Steve
I'll have to see if I can reproduce that on my S8 Ultra. It's definitely think it's related to your palm touching the screen, as I vaguely remember seeing something like that while stress testing touch input processing.

Mike
I can't seem to reproduce the issue. Are there specific steps I should take to cause it to occur? I was sliding my hand all over the page while annotating with the pen, trying to have my hand half off the screen, half on while drawing with the pen, etc. Not once did I see a line/streak like in your video, so I'm at a loss to know what to do.

Thanks,
Mike
(03-31-2024, 04:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce the issue. Are there specific steps I should take to cause it to occur? I was sliding my hand all over the page while annotating with the pen, trying to have my hand half off the screen, half on while drawing with the pen, etc. Not once did I see a line/streak like in your video, so I'm at a loss to know what to do.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to you, I've been tied up with the Easter holiday.

Here is another video and I may have isolated something that contributes to the random lines.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r1sgosl2a...aobd8&dl=0

FYI - I don't consider this a major problem, and especially since I'm the only one that seems to experience it, you may want to consider this low priority.

Thanks as always,

-Steve
Okay, that makes sense - you are using the vertical scrolling display mode, and touch input is being generated for multiple pages at once which is triggering conflicts in the logic. I'll look into that. As a side note, you may want to consider enabling stylus mode in the annotation settings. That will reject all touch input but still allow touch input for panning or zooming. You can disregard that if you already have stylus mode enabled.

Thanks,
Mike
I've got a fix in place for this for the next update. The issue has to do with the palm rejection/S-Pen handling on the newer Samsung tablets. If you are touching the screen with your finger and hover the S-Pen over the screen, it immediately cancels out any further touch actions from your hand and only accepts input from the S-Pen. This means that, even though the app detecting a touch down and is waiting for a touch up, another touch down triggers when the S-Pen touches the screen instead, causing a scenario that should be impossible given how Android touch events work. In order to combat this, I added code that detects when a touch down event has occurred even though one was already received and resets the state before processing the new touch down.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

You are all over it, as usual Smile

Thanks so much !!

Steve