• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycle through current song Start > end > Start etc
I use SX900 registrations to change MobileSheets displayed song through MIDI [works well] I also have ...
Display Settings - Repeat Mode ON
Touch & Pedal Settings - Prevent Pedal Changing Song ON
but when the last page of a song is being displayed pressing the RIGHT Cursor Key [actually USB Foot Pedal mimicking Cursor Keys] doesnt cycle back to the start of the [current] song which is implied by the 'Display Settings - Repeat Mode ON' - is this possible - thanks. [Using 3.8.43 which I think is the latest at the moment]
You have 'Touch & Pedal Settings - Prevent Pedal Changing Song ON'
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(06-18-2024, 11:57 PM)Skip Wrote: You have 'Touch & Pedal Settings - Prevent Pedal Changing Song ON'

Hi Skip, yes because I dont want to go to the next song but want to go to the start of the current song again, I have now edited the original post to make that clearer :-)
I suspect preventing the pedal from changing songs stops it from any action since it requires a touch action to advance. 
In the pedal action setup there is a 'return to start of song'.
I think I tried this a long time ago and just turned on the repeat with no other settings from using the touch screen to advance. It didn't work too well for me so I ended by not using the repeat, just the return to start on pedal 1 and advance to next song on pedal 2.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Are you using a setlist? Or just a single song? I just loaded a single song using the single page display mode, enabled repeat mode, checked the option to prevent the pedal from changing songs, then cycled through the song and repeat mode went correctly from the last page to the first. So I'm going to need more information including:

1) What display mode are you using?
2) Is this a setlist or a single song?
3) How many pages in total are there? If using a setlist, how many pages are in the song you want to repeat?

Thanks,
Mike
(06-19-2024, 05:11 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you using a setlist? Or just a single song? I just loaded a single song using the single page display mode, enabled repeat mode, checked the option to prevent the pedal from changing songs, then cycled through the song and repeat mode went correctly from the last page to the first. So I'm going to need more information including:

1) What display mode are you using?
2) Is this a setlist or a single song?
3) How many pages in total are there? If using a setlist, how many pages are in the song you want to repeat?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike ...
1 PDF file with 5 pages
2      page display mode and 2 page turn mode, so shows 1&2 then 3&4 then 5 and I then want to go back to 1&2  etc...............
YES using a set list
5      pages total and I want to start at page 1&2 then 3&4 then 5 (last page) then back to the page 1&2 and then page 3&4 then 5 . 

I just tried the same single song from the song list and that works perfectly as far as I have tested :-)
Repeat mode works a little differently with setlists. It repeats the entire setlist, not individual songs within the setlist. So you are just being prevented from changing from one song in the setlist to another due to the pedal setting (tapping should work fine). So you'll want to use a different pedal action to loop to the start, or just load the song individually (you can change this behavior under Settings->Library Settings->Always Load Whole Setlist, and you can enable "Automatically Load Next Song" to switch between songs).

Mike
Mike thanks for the explanation, I might have a workaround that will be okay for me, I'll test it later on and if okay I'll post it below just in case it helps somebody else .. thanks!
Mike, I have found a workaround which gets over the problem for 'me', I only have a couple of songs that I needed this for and I have kept the same settings as "Display Settings - Repeat Mode ON - Touch & Pedal Settings - Prevent Pedal Changing Song ON, and just edited the songs 'Page Order' to 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5 which now lets me cycle through the song in a set list twice by just using the Right foot pedal [Right cursor key] and not changing song.ever which is now just how I wanted it:-)
You could replace with 1-5,1-5 to get the same effect.

Alternatvely, as it is in a set list, you could have just entered the song twice (but then you would have to remember this if you use the song in a future list)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(06-19-2024, 11:27 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: You could replace with 1-5,1-5 to get the same effect.

Alternatvely, as it is in a set list, you could have just entered the song twice (but then you would have to remember this if you use the song in a future list)

Geoff

Thanks Geoff :-)
(06-19-2024, 11:27 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: You could replace with 1-5,1-5 to get the same effect.

Geoff

Hi Geoff, 

(just for completeness) 

Putting the same song into the list twice wouldn't work as desired, because then it would be the next song in the list. But he has disabled the changing of song via pedal. 

Regards, Andreas
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal
It's not the same song twice, it's one song with its file twice in pageorder
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Sorry, I haven't made myself clear enough. 
My comment was related to Geoff's "Alternatively,...", of course.

Geoff's first paragraph (the "1-5,1-5" thing), I fully agree with. I myself am using that frequently.

Viele Grüße, 
Andreas
Andreas
---------------------------------
MS Surface Pro7, Win10;  Samsung 10" tablet, Android;   MouKey foot pedal