• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth midi and pedals
Hi everyone

In my setup to manage MobileSheets and control my Roland FA06 I use different bluetooth/midi devices:
- M VAVE MS1
- M VAVE Chocolate
- Lekato PageTurner

I use the DEFAULT midi configuration with BLUETOOTH connection type

Basically the MS1 that connects to the Roland MIDI port receives the Program Change for the StudioSet connected to the keyboard.
The Chocolate sends different CCs to MIDI channel 16 to manage the progress of the smart buttons (which consequently pass through the MS1 to change the sounds).
While the Lekato simply runs the PDF.
(I could have done everything with the Chocolate but to avoid pressing too many buttons I preferred to use different devices to advance between the smart buttons and turn the pages).

The devices seem to connect correctly (the toast message below comes out) but sometimes it seems like there are problems.

Maybe the pages turn, the smart buttons advance on the tablet but the program change is not sent to Roland.
Or the program change is sent but the smartbuttons do not advance.

Then by doing various tests by turning off devices, turning them on one at a time, closing and reopening the app several times, at a certain point we arrive at the complete configuration that I expect.
If I use the Google MIDI library in Bluetooth I only see the MIDI input MidiPortA[0] which corresponds to the MVave MS1

Is there anything I can improve or any tests I can do to give more info?

Thanks in advance, I love this life saving app.
If you select the Google MIDI library and uncheck the checkbox at the bottom left, do you then see the other devices? It's really best to connect using the Google library when relying on bluetooth if at all possible.

Mike
Thanks for the reply.

I tried setting the Google library and deselecting the checkbox, I only see MidiPortA[0] (MS-1) as a midi device.
(If the checkbox is selected the device is not seen)

When I turn on the various devices, with the Default MIDI library, I correctly see the toast message at the bottom "MidiPortA has been connected" (MS1), "Midi FootCtrl has been connected" (Chocolate), "MIDICubeTurner has been connected" (Lekato).

By setting the Google library, I see the toast message only for the MidiPortA device, the Lekato connects (without toast message) and it probably works because it simulates a left/right swipe on the tablet while the Chocolate seems not to have connected.

I hope I have provided useful information.