• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In Praise of Mike Zuber and MobileSheets iOS
In mid 2013 when I was 63, I joined Cali Rose & The CC Strummers ukulele group in Los Angeles. She had a extensive song book that kept growing and it didn't take me long to move to a tablet from a thick and heavy 3 ring binder. I did a quick test on my 9.7" iPad, but I found the screen to be too small. I've been a Macintosh user since 1986 and include all their devices, but at the time, the 12.9" iPad was out yet, so I went with a $200 Android based 13" off brand tablet. 

It was not the most efficient hardware, but what made it worth using was finding MobileSheets Pro for Android. That tablet lasted a year or so when I found that Mike Zuber had a Windows tablet version, so I went with an off brand one for about $250. For me, both Android and Windows are rather awkward, especially with a stylus, but since I only used them for MobileSheets, I lived with it. What broke the camels back was when Windows would take over the tablet to update, a couple of times right in the middle of playing with my group.

About the same time, the iPad Pro 12.9" Apple Pencil came out, and although it was over $1000, I went to an Apple Store and tried them. In an instant I realized that they ran circles around Android and Windows tablets, but MobileSheets was not available for iOS. I looked at OnSong and forScore, and went with forScore because I could record my group directly into each song sheet.

That went on until this year when I did a close look at MobileSheets iOS to find it did everything I need, plus it has autonomous libraries, which forScore does not, and OnSong is too convoluted. It took me a couple of days to warm up to MobileSheets, but I got it working after a few stumbles, now I'm a very happy camper.

I've been in touch with Mike and praise him for being very helpful with my stumbles.
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
+1 this, 10/10 developer
iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen