• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion connection problem
I am a new user of MS but when I read that I can edit and add files from Companion I downloaded it.
The first time I tried it, it connected straight away with no problem, since then however I cannot get it to connect. I have tried turning off Wi-fi on the tablet (HP slate 21) and back on, time after time. I get a message on the pc to say that it is connecting but then get a series of 4 error messages saying 'Error Connecting, retry#4'.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong & what I can do to get a reliable connection.

I have got good Wi-fi signal strength on both PC and tablet.

Regards

Tony
Hey Tony,

Have you tried rebooting your router? For some users, this fixes their connection problems. Also, can you check the settings for Windows Firewall? Ensure that MobileSheetsCompanion is listed as Home/Work (Private). If you need more help on this, let me know.

Mike
Hi Mike
I did reboot router in the end and managed to get a connection. However when I tried again this morning I got the same result as before. Surely I shouldn't need to re-boot the router every time I connect?

I am running Companion on a laptop running Windows 7 home premium.

Thanks
Tony
Tony,

No, you absolutely should not need to reboot the router. I have some changes that I need to release for the connection code, but I've been waiting for the next update. Hopefully in the meantime you can manage to get a reliable connection. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike