• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome audio issue on Chromebook
Hi,
I'm running v3.8.43 (android app) on ChromeOS.  Only just started using it and it's working well.  However I'm having problems with the audio component of the metronome.

When I have the metronome set to Visual Only the metronome works fine.  The coloured bars count time at the top of the screen, and the Measure/ Beat counters in the metronome screen count up as expected.

But if I have the metronome set to Audio Only or Audio and Visual, when I press the Start Metronome button, the button text changes to "Stop Metronome" but nothing else happens.  No coloured bars, and the Measure/Beat counters stay fixed at 1 and 1.  It as if the metronome has hung trying to do the first beat.  The rest of the app continues to work as normal.

I have confirmed the volume is on and the speakers are working in another app, although the behaviour of the app makes me think its a Mobilesheets issue with the metronome.

Any ideas?

David
Hello David,

MobileSheets uses low level audio (OpenSL ES) in order to loop audio files accurately for the metronome. This would imply that OpenSL ES is not working properly on your Chromebook. I tested this on my Google Pixel Slate and it worked without issue. If you are on the Stable channel of ChromeOS, I might suggest switching to the beta channel. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Mike
Thanks Mike.  I'll look into it.  Not the end of the world as I have a metronome app on my phone also

Thanks

David