• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up DUO BT-500 on Windows, and AirTurn app
This is a quick kind of hand-holding question that really requires a "yes" or "no" answer ...

Having recently come to my senses (I think), and realized that I have a perfectly capable Windows tablet that I can use for MobileSheets (rather than my Chromebook or buying an Android tablet), I've installed MobileSheets there and acquired an AirTurn DUO BT-500 for pedal control.  I've read previous threads on this -- including Mike's (repeated) short list of how to set this up, but I still have one question I'd like answered just to be sure I haven't missed something.  Shy Rolleyes

AirTurn has a fairly sophisticated and complex app for configuring their products.  It looks cool, but I don't really want to devote any of my life to digging into that if it's totally unnecessary.  Mike's instructions mention nothing about the AirTurn app, but that approach seems to imply that the AirTurn app should (or can) simply be ignored, and that the device can be perfectly well set up for MobileSheets with the simple instructions Mike provides.  That would be wonderful.

So the simple question is:  "Is this true -- that I should just ignore the AirTurn app as unnecessary for my purposes with MobileSheets?"  (A secondary question woud be "Is the AirTurn app of any value or utility in using a DUO BT-500 with MobileSheets?")

[Edit (later that same day):  This question has now become mostly moot for me since I have MobileSheets on my Windows tablet set up now to do half-page vertical scrolling -- which is pretty much my basic need and works well.  However, it seems that the settings/options in MobileSheets support only a "single tap" for a pedal and can't handle a double-tap for a separate action.  So, for example, it appears that I can't control both scrolling and "go back to ..." or "go forward too ...", etc. with the pedals as well: a pedal controls only a single action.  Am I right about this?]
------------------
Gary H. Merrill
The only thing you would need the AirTurn app for is installing firmware updates. However, if the pedal is functioning fine, there is no need to install firmware updates. So you don't need the AirTurn app in that case.

Each pedal switch can only be tied to a single action. I don't currently support double tap (this has been brought up before and is something I will consider in the future, but it will slow down the processing of single taps as I have to wait to ensure a double tap doesn't occur).

Mike
Thanks.  It's what is thought.  Just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.  The DUO appears to support an astonishing number of distinctions and possibilities.  Supporting those in an app would get pretty burdensome.  I don't want to get too carried away with pedal actions anyway -- basic hands-free page control is really what matters.  Anything else I can accomplish with finger touches on the screen.
------------------
Gary H. Merrill