• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sync lbrary to new windows 11 pc
hello there -

if i define the same path on a network drive on a new computer that my old and primary windows pc uses, will duplicates be created when i sync the library to the new computer?  i sync regularly to an ipad and android tablet with a local path defined on these devices because these are the ones i use for rehearsals and gigs. for practice at home i use the windows pc and have all the files on my nas which are backed up regularly to another nas. i will retire the old pc from mobilesheets usage, but need to do the initial sync to the new pc and would like to use the same network path, but fear i will create duplicates.

please advise!

freundliche grüße!

- tom
If you have set your MobileSheets storage location (Settings->Storage->Set the MobileSheets Storage Location) to a folder on the NAS, and that path is the same on both devices, there is no need to use the library sync feature at all. Just copy mobilesheets.db from C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState on one device to the same folder on the other device. The database will be updated, and due to the fact that the storage location is set to the same folder on both devices (the NAS folder), there is nothing else you need to do. Generally it's not advised to use the sync library feature if both devices are sharing the same storage location, as it will effectively be overwriting the files in the storage location.

Mike