• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup permissions
Hi
I wanted to keep this separate from my other thread. 
Reinstall MobileSheets
Go to reinstall settings from a custom directory 
Pick a file - in my case the most recent
       Storage location error which says to click ok to grant access. 
       Click OK to grant
You get taken back to the directory, but with no files showing - though they are still there on disk. 

Set the storage under the settings 
Try to reinstall the settings from that location
     Storage location error message and disappearing file problem again. 
Restart MobileSheets and same error

However - it will allow you to reinstall the whole library, so it is just a problem with the settings. 
* After importing the library I still cannot import the settings. 

So can I save settings there - yes
Folder security on J:\MobileSheets Storage  is set to Everyone having all permissions
I copied the mcf file into
 C:\Users\AndyT\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\TempState
I get the same error
Deleted  J:\MobileSheets Storage
Recreated  J:\MobileSheets Storage
Same error

- Andy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Found the problem

The error text is misleading. 
What I think the second sentence should say is something like: 
Press OK, select the custom folder which will grant MobileSheets Access to that folder. Next reimport the backup file again. Alternatively press Cancel to use the default storage location.
The way that is supposed to work is it should ask you the question, if you tap OK and select the directory, the restore should then proceed and finish like normal. Did that not happen for you? You shouldn't need to reselect the backup file again. I don't think the text is misleading - what it says is exactly what it means. If it found "C:\SomeFolder" listed as the storage location in the backup file, you have to grant access to that folder, and so MobileSheets is prompting you to do that if you tap OK. If the restore is not proceeding after selecting the directory, then that's a bug and I will have to look into it, but I remember testing that not that long ago and it seemed to work.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, 
I thought that I had selected the folder. I am away for a couple of weeks shortly, but we can pick this up again when I am back or you can just close it, but the error message wasn't clear to me. I guess this is an exceptional case as most people wouldn't do that. I seem to think that the library file with settings restore worked okay. 
- Andy
I tested it out and it worked fine. I uninstalled, restored a backup with a custom storage location, tapped OK to pick the folder and it restored the library like I would expect. 

Mike